Thursday, September 22, 2016

Fall Favorites

Happy First Day of Fall!

As much as I love summer, I'm so excited for this fall! I'm sure having a baby (not so much a baby anymore :( ) has made me even more excited for this time of year, because of all the fun firsts he still has! I wanted to share a few of my fall favorites and what I'm looking forward to doing this fall!

Going to the fair--I love going to the fair, and I'm so excited it's finally fair time! I have so many favorite things about the fair, but the food is definitely high on the list ;) I also enjoy looking at all of the craft contests, especially the tablescapes that people set up. Every year when I look at them, I say I'm going to do one the next year and enter yet. Maybe one of these days that will happen! I know Marshall is going to enjoy all of the sights and sounds the most, so I can't wait for him to see everything lit up at night!



The leaves changing--Being outside has a totally different feeling when the trees are covered in reds, oranges and yellows.

Decorating--We've already started putting out a few fall decorations and I love it! Matt has bought and made a few things that I can't wait to share! I made this wreath the first fall we were married, and it still looks just as good...well, it did have to be repaired this year, because it was left in a hot room and the hot glue melted and everything fell off.


Going to the pumpkin patch--I can't wait to take Marshall!

Football Games--going to Varina's high school football games is so fun and reminiscent for me.  Being there, hearing the familiar songs the band plays and hearing the cheering in the stands literally takes me back to when I was in high school, going to all the home games every year with my family and our family friends. Going now, as a Varina staff member, I'm not sitting with the same crowd at each game, but it is still like being there with family and friends. It's so much fun! I hope we make it to at least one home game this year. Kick off is right at Marshall's bed time, but maybe he can stay up late one Friday ;)

Scarves--who doesn't love scarf & sweater weather? I feel like I wear the same ones all the time, so here are a few I really like.  This blue and white/black striped one from Target is really fun. It also comes in a few different colors, so I may need more than one ;)  I really love the plaid one, and I think it's great for fall and Christmas. Now, if only I can find one that has green mixed in, I'm sold!



Fall nail polish--I don't typically wear nail polish, but I love fall shades, so I tend to start painting my nails more once fall hits, and through the holidays.  I love these color palettes I've seen on Pinterest. I actually have #1 and absolutely love it!


Picture 1 / Picture 2 / Picture 3 / Picture 4

Halloween--I am SO excited about our Halloween costumes this year!! We're doing a theme as a family and I can't wait to see how everything comes together! We've been excited for quite some time now.  Put it this way, we bought Marshall's costume when we went to Myrtle Beach....LAST year!

No comments: