Tuesday, August 16, 2011

a month later....

So I thought I was getting back in the habit of blogging. I obviously thought wrong since tomorrow it'll be a month since I last posted. My bad.

Since then, I finished up my internship at Memorial Regional Medical Center CardioPulmonary Rehab (because that's not enough of a mouthful!).

Now, I'm back at school, in the homestretch of Fall RA training. I have a completely new staff this year in a different residence hall than last year. Which also means.....new residents. I'm looking forward to the new residents I have that moved in this afternoon as well as the rest that will be coming in the next couple days. However, as I told two of last year's residents last night--Curry 7th Floor will always have a special place in my heart :)

Tomorrow is also a big day, and a very important day at that (ok, just kidding).
It's my birthday! :)
Super excited, yet also sad because it'll be the first birthday that I haven't spent with my family. It's just a little pointless for them to drive down tomorrow, when they'll be driving to Longwood already on Thursday to move my sister in (and that's weird to think about!).

Speaking of my sister moving in in just two days, we'll be living in the same residence hall. Well, technically speaking. The whole residence hall is the Cunninghams, but it's broken up into three sections, if you will: North, South, and Main. I'm RAing (yep, that's a word...) in Main, and she's living in North.

Another change from last year is Matt and I aren't both living on campus. He's RAing off campus in the Lancer Park apartments, so that's pretty cool. It's weird though that he's living in an apartment and I have to drive to see him now (not that I'm complaining or anything. I'll take a 3 minute drive over a 2 1/2 hour drive to Ferrum anyday!).

Now, I'm sitting in my new room, which does have air conditioning. I still have so much to unpack/put away because by the time I get back to my room from training, I just don't feel like doing anything but laying down! But, everything will be done by Saturday because that's when my roommate Megan moves in! :)

That's it for now.....gotta make a usual trip to Walmart and then head over to Matt's for a bit since he's on duty and can't leave the Park................okay, that's weird to say that he's the one on duty now!

No comments: