Thursday, July 15, 2010
Ever since I was little I've been a huge Mary-Kate and Ashley fan. I've seen basically every movie, video and tv show they've ever done. I have their books. They have the same first initials as my sister and I, so we used to call each other Mary-Kate and Ashley. Yeah, we had issues.
Anyway, one of my favorite Mary-Kate and Ashley movies is To Grandmother's House We Go, and it totally makes sense, because it's a Christmas movie and I just love Christmas!! Well, the mom in the movie worked at a local convenient store. For some reason, since the first time I saw that movie, I wanted a job like her, and decided 7-11 would be the best fit for me. Who knows what I was really thinking. Maybe I just liked the cool maroon apron she wore.
Well, I may still be deciding what I'm going to be when I grow up, but I think I'm going to go ahead and cross "7-11 cashier" off of my list..................for now.
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
- 7-11 cashier
- marine biologist
- pediatric nurse
- camera person for SNL
- wedding photographer
- orthopedic doctor/surgeon's assitant
- physical therapist
- physical therapist assitant
- pastry chef
- actress (or basically anything where I could make $500,000+ a day)
- wedding planner (because I love every aspect of weddings)
- cake shop owner
- diner owner (Mal & Al's) --with my cousin Alison
- interior decorator
- personal trainer
- wife & mom
- Chick-fil-A baby cow? (since I'm too short to be THE cow)
You could say I've changed my mind a few times in my life about what I've wanted to be when I grow up.
I still have no idea what I'm going to be or what I even want to be. I know I won't be taller. I hope I won't be too much shorter...
But for now, I just have to get through these last two years to at least have some sort of degree and then get out into the real world in some occupation. Will it be the one I stay with for the rest of my life? Maybe so. But maybe not. Who knows.
Friday, July 9, 2010
Yesterday was just so busy that I honestly never got time.
I woke up and went to work (as did he);
Worked later than I planned;
Found out I was meeting Matt's family at 5 for dinner (it was 3:15 and I was eating my employee meal);
Hurried home to change and wrap Matt's present;
Could not find a single bag to fit the box of his present in (they were all too small by a hair or ridiculously too big);
Matt texted me to say they'd be later (I get excited for some extra time);
I decided to go to the store first to by a bag;
Find out on the way that they've left already and I still need more time!!!!;
Dinner at Cracker Barrel;
Swimming at his grandparent's house (with cake and ice cream cones :) :) :) )
Come home. I'm dead tired. And I just crash.
But, tonight, I am going out to dinner with Matt and we are meeting some "couple friends" for a movie: A-Team.
Matt and I have been to the movies for his birthday every year since we've been together. This is our fourth time and I'm sure there will be lots more.
So that is all for now :)
Happy Belated Birthday, Matt! I love you <3
P.S. We are now in the 40 days of every year that Matt and I are the same age! haha...
Monday, July 5, 2010
Today's post is just going to be a bunch of random things. Really random things.
- I have changed my major. To Exercise Science. I like having lots of options for possible jobs: Physical Therapist Assistant, Occupational Therapist, Personal Trainer, Pharmaceutical Sales Rep, Prosthetic Sales (because really, how many people do you know that do that??), Athletic Trainer, Rehabilitation Therapist, and so many more! And maybe one day I'll decide to face that 20348793 years of college to be a doctor...
- I'm going to see MICHAEL BUBLE tonight! I'm BEYOND excited!!!! The tickets are birthday presents to Matt and I from each other. I can't believe that the day is finally here!!!
- I do Farmville. Way too much. End of story!
- I watched Christmas With the Kranks the other night as I was going to bed. Who's to say I can't watch a Christmas movie when the temperatures are into the 100s??
- I only have 4 more weeks of working. For the summer, that is. I'll be back there on school breaks and next summer too. I love working there & I'm really going to miss it--both the working, the people, the food, and the $$$!
- Have you seen the commercials for the Spin Pin? It's for putting your hair up in a bun. I'm not sure if it's really as good as the commercials say, but I'm going to buy one later this morning. I'm always looking for easy ways to put my hair up that 1) look good. 2) don't pull my hair. 3) stay up for long periods of time. It would be especially nice for this to work while I'm at work. I always wear pony tails.
- Now, off to Target to buy the Spin Pin, then headed to the pool for a few hours!