Thursday, July 15, 2010

clarification

So I had a comment on my last post from my Aunt Diane, and she said that I had a great list of things I've wanted to be when I grow up. I went back and re-read the list, and the first one just cracks me up: 7-11 cashier. I felt that I should probably explain why...

Ever since I was little I've been a huge Mary-Kate and Ashley fan. I've seen basically every movie, video and tv show they've ever done. I have their books. They have the same first initials as my sister and I, so we used to call each other Mary-Kate and Ashley. Yeah, we had issues.

Anyway, one of my favorite Mary-Kate and Ashley movies is To Grandmother's House We Go, and it totally makes sense, because it's a Christmas movie and I just love Christmas!! Well, the mom in the movie worked at a local convenient store. For some reason, since the first time I saw that movie, I wanted a job like her, and decided 7-11 would be the best fit for me. Who knows what I was really thinking. Maybe I just liked the cool maroon apron she wore.

Well, I may still be deciding what I'm going to be when I grow up, but I think I'm going to go ahead and cross "7-11 cashier" off of my list..................for now.