*Little side note: We have our TV on for a good amount of time in the evenings, but what happens most often, is eventually, both of us will have one or two ear phones not even paying attention to the TV anymore. Then, the Phineas and Ferb theme song comes on, and we both just immediately stop what we're doing and sing, then just go about our business. And finally, we're both in bed to watch Suite Life on Deck until midnight.
Ok, that was a much longer side note than expected.
But anyway, I've been busy, to say the least. Lesson plans, quizzes, tests, final assignments, meetings, everything. So I'll just try to update you on a few things:
- I participated in One Day Without Shoes on April 8. I was a little hesitant to do it actually. I did, however, where my shoes to my Anatomy lab that morning just because I was doing things in lab that Mom probably won't want to read about on here :) But after I got to my next class, I took my shoes off....and my feet froze in class. ha. I ended up enjoying walking around without shoes on for the rest of the day. It was warm outside and very nice to walk around barefoot. When I got to BCM (Baptist Collegiate Ministries) that evening, it was cool to see everyone else without shoes, too. However, I did feel bad washing my feet that night, because there are children who don't even get to do that. I wish the One Day Without Shoes happened more often; I would definitely do it again. Although, I think I'd have to give it a second thought if there was snow on the ground.....
- On April 9th, I went to the circus with Mom, Abby and Susan Z. It was so much fun!! I decided I wanted to be in the circus (voluntarily. no, my parents aren't selling me to them! :) ) and my sister decided she now wants a baby elephant. I hope she waits until she has her own house!
- April 10th was the big fun-filled day of Spring Weekend. I had to drive back reeeeeeeal early Saturday morning to get back for the last Admissions Open House of the semester. Since it was so early in the morning, a lot of us Ambassadors were finding Princeps droppings. Way cool! Except I was a little bit sad that I hadn't found one! So, I gave up. Well, about 5 minutes later, I was taking more families to their sessions and walking back to the Registration table and happened to look over my shoulder (really, for no reason) and I saw one folded up hanging off of the steps!! I was soooo excited!! :) This is the 3rd Princeps dropping I've found since I came to Longwood!
- Oozeball is one of the best parts about Spring Weekend! It's an event put on by the Ambassadors and students can sign up with their teams to play volleyball in the mud! It was so much fun to watch! Here is a picture of my friend, Jen, playing Oozeball. Her team won the tournament for the second year in a row! :)
- Also at Spring Weekend are tons of concerts! Sister Hazel was here this year, and it didn't occur to me to put a name with a song, etc., but I had actually bought one of their songs I liked on iTunes and put it on a CD I gave Matt for Valentines day! haha. Josh Thompson, a country singer, was also here and his concert was amazing! I bought his CD this past weekend when I went home and I love every song on there!!
- I am a memeber of Phi Epsilon Kappa, which is the Honors Fraternity for Health, Recreation & Kinesiology. Last Monday, I ran for the position of Webmaster and I got it! So now, I will be updating that blog as well with information going on with the organization. When I post things on there, I will let you know, if you're interested or just want to take a look. Here is a group shot from this year's Pledge Class initiation. I am on the front row in the red, on the left.
- Finally, this past weekend was my sister's Junior Prom & After Prom. I will have to do an entire post sometime soon of all of those pictures, because there are just too many to choose from for this post!! Her hair looked great & her dress was so pretty :) Matt and I helped out at the After Prom since Mom was in charge of putting that together! We were Blackjack dealers and I had sooo much fun doing it! It was great! And it was so weird to think that a lot of the people I saw at After Prom were freshmen the last time I was a student at Varina. ha! It was great night...I had to drink 3 sodas Saturday night to stay awake, but it was worth it! Yeah...and I didn't wear this hat like Matt did :-P
Here's Abby playing Texas Hold 'em, and Dad taking a break from dealing to help her out ;) haha
Hope you enjoyed this "Catch-Up" post! I'll hopefully get a post up soon of Prom pictures :)