I got bored and started sending Matt a bunch of random facts, so, thought I'd share them!
- Crickets hear from their knees, and they chirp from their wings.
- There are more plastic flamingos in America than real ones.
- The sound of E.T. walking was made by someone squishing their hands in Jello.
- Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
- If you look at the sun, you are technically looking back in time. It takes eight minutes for light from the sun to reach the earth.
- The sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter of the alphabet.
- A "jiffy" is an actual unit of time for 1/100 of a second.
- The king of hearts is the only king without a mustache on a standard playing card.
- In the time it takes to read this sentence, 50,000 cells in your body will die and be replaced.
- When a person is tickled, the response is actually a form of panic, as the brain interprets the tickling sensation as produced by spiders or other creepy crawlies on your skin--the uncontrollable laughter is a response to panic.
That explains so much!!!
- The largest toy distributor in the world is not Toys 'R' Us or Wal-Mart - it's McDonald's.
- Author Mark Twain was born on the day of the appearance of Halley's Comet in 1835. The comet returns to Earth every 76 years. He vowed that he would not die until he saw the famous comet. He died the day after its next appearance in 1910.
- Penguins cannot walk backwards.
- The following sentence is grammatically correct: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
*I feel like the last one needs an explanation. Took me a while to get it...The word ''buffalo'' in the sentence has three meanings: the animal, the city in New York and the act of ''buffaloing'' which is another word for teasing or bullying. Here is another way of looking at the sentence: THE buffalo FROM Buffalo WHO ARE buffaloed BY buffalo FROM Buffalo ALSO buffalo THE buffalo FROM Buffalo.''