Where did summer go? Seriously! I've never seen summer come and go SOO quickly. Maybe because I had tons of fun (and some not so fun) things to do!
Let's start with the not so fun:
- Summer classes. 2 of them. While I'm glad I took them (and they were online!) I hated having something due every week that I had to worry about. Not cool.
- The craziness and stress of switching my major. I never thought it would be such a hard thing to do. What makes it worse is that I can't get responses from the two people who I need to override my last class....I've sent them both 3 emails in the past month...
- Chick-fil-A. I LOVE working there, and I was very sad when it was coming closer and closer to my last day. Everyone there is amazing and I have made many wonderful friends there, as well as seen some of my friends get hired as well! It's just amazing and I can't wait for fall break, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. so I can go back and work!
- $$$$$. That's definitely something to look forward to with a job :) Normally, I hate money and hate spending money that I don't need to spend. But I loved having money and knowing that it was there and I could spend it! haha.
- MICHAEL BUBLE. Matt and I counted down for months until this concert, and it was honestly one of the best nights of my life! We enjoyed every last second of being there and are looking forward to seeing him again!!
- Vacation Bible School. That week FLEW by! Abby, Matt, Mom and I did crafts this year and it was great! My favorite part of every night was (ironically, not crafts.haha) the ending session when there would be a slideshow of pictures. I loved it. And I loved the kids we had this year. I enjoyed the music so much that I still listen to the CD in my car :)
- Matt and I going out and doing more things! Last summer, we both were unlucky and couldn't find jobs (well, I got one in Aug, right before going back to school...) so we were both pretty broke. We were lucky if we went out to dinner by ourselves because we both finally had some money. haha. It was sad. But this summer, with both of us having great jobs, we were able to go out more and have more fun. Just last week we bought our Build-a-Bears new clothes :) haha!
- Family Reunion. Two words: LOVE. IT. I love having a big family and want a big family of my own one day. Next year will be the 75th Law Family Reunion, nice right??
There were many other things I did this summer; this is just a few!
Also a few praises from the summer:
- One of my grandmas, Ganny, had surgery on her coronary artery, which was blocked, which then made her capable for having the surgery for her cancer. Best part about it? Her cancer is GONE. GONE. GONE!
- My other grandma, Memaw, has been going through her chemo and last week had her bypass surgery. You probably wouldn't even know she had the surgery because she is in such good spirits and it's great to see her that way!
I love both of my grandmas very much and am very blessed to have them in my life! They've both gone through a lot lately, and I'm glad everything is turning around for the better!!