Monday, September 13, 2010

Fun trip!

I'll first apologize for the lack of posting. I've been telling myself, "once you finish all of your work, then you can have more time to blog and upload pictures!" Yeah, we see how well that went. My work somehow kept piling up higher and higher. But here is a fresh new post.

Two Fridays ago, Matt and I left Longwood right after our classes to drive to Luray, VA to meet my family and three other families at Jellystone Campground for Labor Day Weekend. I cannot put into words how much fun I had. I would go back in a heartbeat!

I really wasn't sure what to expect. It wasn't tent camping; it was cabin camping (as my sister likes to put it :) ) And there were so many things to do. There was a putt-putt course, laser tag in the woods, a jumping pillow, pedal boats, swimming pools with a slide...everything fun and relaxing! We all bought wrist bands so that we could do all of those things whenever we wanted. They also had scheduled events, such as crafts, tie-dying, things like that. Abby and I both painted piggy banks (I have so much loose change at school that I know will add up!), and then we purchased Jellystone shirts to tie-dye. And I loved every night when all of us were sitting around the campfire, making yummy s'mores, and just laughing and talking.

And if you'd like to hear about this trip from a different perspective, check out my other blog.

No comments: