Saturday, November 27, 2010

a true friend. aka "big dubb diesel"

I have about twenty other things that I want to blog about. But right now, those can wait.

Last night, a really good friend of mine from church was killed in a car accident in Ashland. I'm not going to write much about that, but if you'd like to read the story, you can find it here.

He had been my friend, best friend, and boyfriend at one time (December 2005-February 2006). Which is why I think it's still so surreal to me that it actually happened. We had some good times together...from beach trips, mission trips, midnight premiers of Harry Potter, the whole shebang. And just the night before the accident, we were making plans to get our "group" together to go see Harry Potter 7 again (because you can't see it in theaters just once.)

I went through his old Myspace Blogs (I was his trusty Myspace-layout maker :) ), and found several that he mentioned me in.


10/10/2005
"I don't know how but me and Mallory got closer this weekend, she's like my bestest friend. She says her feet are kicking but I didn't smell anything ahha, but a skunk ahhahaha."


These next 2 are from when we were going out...

1/11/2006
"MALLORY!...I would do anything I could to make her happy...I'd drive any distance and do whatever to see you sweetheart...the past two weeks we've been together have been the best, and I know there will be many more to come..."


2/10/2006
"Mallory [is] pretty much what keeps me going, because she can do things to make me feel like the luckiest, happiest person ever. tomorrow we're going out...I'm just looking forward to being with her, not the movie, not the food, and not the car we're takin..."
(sidenote--we always had car trouble when we would go out!)


Just some random facts:
-I would always schedule my mall trips on days I knew he would be working at the Oakley's stand.
-On the beach trip, we had intended on getting up to see the sunrise. Both of us were late sleepers, so that never happened.
-He called me Princess. Mom actually remembered that and reminded me today.
-I was at CVS today and the first Christmas card that caught my eye was one that I had given him years ago.
-He was the one who got me hooked on Jack Johnson.
-He always teased me about my smelly feet.
-His hugs swallowed me. Always.
-Last Sunday in church he was eating Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans (from Harry Potter, of course). It was great. Especially when he got the Fish flavored bean...


*these pictures are no where near chronological order. just lots of good memories.. And if you're friends with me on Facebook, there will be more up soon.




We were always great game partners in Youth. I couldn't find the one of us doing an egg toss..
More games...

Casey Ryan, you will truly be missed. Forever. You touched so many lives in your 23 amazing years of life. You were a great, caring friend, who we'll never forget. But now, I know you're in a better place, looking down on all of us who have been blessed to know you. Love and miss you always 0:)
Matthew 5:4
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Psalm 9:9
The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.

3 comments:

Emily Grace said...

So sorry about your loss, Mallory. I'll be keeping you and his family and friends in my prayers. I know for me, writing is super healing... so keep writing. :) Love you, girl!

Nina Diane said...

Mallory...I'm just so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear friend. Hugs and thoughts and prayers to you....love, Aunt Diane

Jennifer Nolte said...

Mallory I am so sorry for the loss of your dear friend. I know it's especially hard when someone is taken from you unexpectedly. I am hoping all the great memories and fun times you guys had together will help you through. If there is anything I can do please let me know. I love you so much. Big Hug!