My 100th blog post was on December 1st, the same day as my 25 Days of Christmas began. In addition to my 25 Days of Christmas posts, I was supposed to write my 100 facts about me, which originally should have been my 100th post.
Well, just over 2 months later, here's that list. Hope you find out a couple random things you didn't know about me :)
1. I used to hate flowers. For some reason, I just didn’t always like getting flowers because they were going to die. I did always like getting them at dance recitals. Now, I love flowers, especially really colorful ones. However, I am often known for killing them quickly…
2. I love bright colors.
3. I find my bed at Longwood more comfortable than my bed at home. I think it’s because of the two layers of padding I added on to the mattress!
4. I am obsessed with chapstick. Like, reeeeeally obsessed.
5. I love vintage things like old metal signs of Elvis, The Wizard of Oz, I Love Lucy, etc. I have a bunch hanging on one wall of my room at home.
6. I love cupcakes. They seem to taste way better than regular cake to me.
7. I know money isn’t everything, but sometimes I wish I had unlimited funds to buy all kinds of craft materials (and maybe one or two packs of Oreos..)
8. I have no on earthly idea what kind of job I want to have. (Well, I have those ideas of dream jobs..ha)
9. I love sweets. Not just chocolate, but any dessert (including those cupcakes!).
10. The Curry RA Staff consists of some of the greatest people in my life.
11. Sometimes I think about cutting my hair short again, but then I know I’d cry when Auntie Sherrie chops it all off!!
12. Yes, I’m one of those girls who has been planning their wedding since they were five (Mom, don’t freak out. Yet.) :)
13. I don’t just love Christmas; I love all the different things about Christmas: Christmas lights, Christmas trees & decorations, Christmas cooking/baking, wrapping presents, getting together with my family, drinking out of our special 12 Days of Christmas glasses!!!, watching the countless amounts of Christmas specials on TV, listening to Christmas music :) and everything else!
14. I have a super long list of all these blogs that I read religiously. Is there such thing as too long of a list??
15. I like to blog, but a lot of times, I run out of things to type about!!
16. My favorite Summer Olympics athlete is Michael Phelps.
17. My favorite Winter Olympics athlete is Apolo Ohno.
18. I used to scrapbook a lot. I am so ridiculously far behind now that I dread the day I get back to it…
19. I like music such as Elvis, the Beatles, the Beach Boys, etc.
20. And throw in some Blues Brothers too.
21. Matt gave me a Michael Buble calendar for Christmas; however, Matt says it’s more like a pin-up than a calendar. Haha. I guess that is true, because the dates only go across the bottom of the page, they’re really small, and the pictures are over a foot long!
22. I’m really weird about saving stuff. For instance, every month our RA staff gets a new calendar each month that says who is on duty every night. I always print it out and put it on the wall by my door for easy reference. Well, at the end of every month, I take the old one down and I have a running list of the calendars on the wall behind my door….haha.
23. I like McDonalds’ food way too much. Not good.
24. Last semester, I had a few residents write me nice notes on post-its and leave them on my door for me to come back to. I love my residents :)
25. I only like cold weather if there’s going to be snow!!!
26. Three of my cousins and I are born on the 17th of a month.
27. Speaking of cousins, I have a LOT.
28. My Aunt Vickie got me into beading when I was younger. It’s been a while now since I’ve made something!
29. Before, I couldn’t stand the feeling of lotion on my hands. Now, I like it.
30. I make too many to-do lists.
31. I painted a teal and pink piggybank at Jellystone last September…I wonder how long it will take to fill it up with change?? [sidenote: my sister painted one the same colors, but where the colors are is reversed on each of ours!]
32. I have naturally curly hair, and straighten it about once a season.
33. I recently discovered the show on Style Network called Jerseylicious; it’s ridiculous, but I also love it!
34. I would love, love, love to travel the world.
35. I read about WPPI on a lot of blogs that I follow; I’d love to go one day!!
36. My favorite soda is Dr. Pepper. Sometimes I like Mr. Pibb better.
37. I like to read for fun, but don’t have a lot of time to :(
38. I have a very Type A personality!
39. I have a website; I’m not sure how many people know about it.lol. And I’m thinking of changing it some. Maybe, who knows.
40. I want to make an inspiration board, but I need some inspiration to do so. Ironic?
41. I have sooooo many necklaces, yet I still find myself rotating through about 4 on a regular basis.
42. I have been to Disney World 3 times, but that doesn’t mean I can’t go again!
43. I love to water ski. When we were younger, my cousin and I would ski at the same time and try to cross over and do similar things. It was fun!
44. I also love tubing!!
45. I like food. Haha. There’s nothing more I can add to that. I just love food. And I love to eat.
46. I have a pet goldfish named Reg. That’s short for Reginald Fairfield. If you’ve ever seen this episode of Boy Meets World, you know what I’m talking about!
47. I save all of my movie ticket stubs.
48. I drive a white Pontiac Grand Am.
49. I was on the first ever Moody Middle School Dance Team!
50. I have a million bottles of hand sanitizer and I use a little bit of each of them. I must have too many because not one bottle ever runs out.
51. Now that I am half-way through this list, I am realizing that it’s pretty hard to think of 100 things about myself to write!
52. I don’t have very many pictures of myself; I’m usually the one taking all the pics!
53. I have recently become addicted to the game Angry Birds. Oh my. I didn’t know shooting different colored birds, each with different powers, at funny looking green pigs of different sizes could be so entertaining.
54. In 2 years I will be dancing again! (and teaching, hopefully!)
55. I love Bare Minerals make up from Sephora. I just wishes it wasn’t so expensive!
56. I like swishy pants (aka wind pants). haha
57. I have been on 4 M-FUGE mission trips. They are amazing!
58. I having taken one Zumba class before, but now that the Fitness Center at school is having the class several nights a week (for free!!) I am hoping to get back into it a lot more!
59. Times Square is my favorite thing about New York. I love all of the bright flashing lights. I want to go back just to take a million pictures!
60. I prefer Diet Coke over regular Coke (unless the Coke cans have a design on them, like Santa Claus or the Olympics logo). Haha
61. I have about 3 coloring books that I keep at school. I never know when I might want to live like a 3 year old.
62. I love hot chocolate…especially when I can fill up my travel mug in D-hall after breakfast and before I Go to class!
63. I got a new phone over winter break, and I still cannot get used to the full keyboard texting! I’m so used to having an all touch-screen phone!
64. I like to be early. Really early.
65. Blog comments make me happy!
66. When eating at someone's house, I feel bad using their nice cloth napkins...lol
67. In middle school, I was a dancer in two plays: Alice and Wonderful, and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
68. I love Friends! I mean the TV show, but hey, my friends are pretty awesome, too!
69. I wish I liked coffee.
70. I can go through a gallon of milk in no time at all.
71. I get called a nerd a lot. It's okay, though :)
72. Harry Potter vs. Twilight? Definitely Harry Potter!
73. I love the Richmond Flying Squirrels!!
74. A liger is pretty much my favorite animal. Okay, not really. But I couldn't resist.
75. I like to clean. Especially vacuum...haha
76. I feel like cereal boxes are too big. I get tired of eating the same kind of cereal too quickly.
77. I tweet. (@malloryloraine)
78. I almost always have my toe nails painted...for some reason, I've gone about a month without having them painted!
79. I love to check Google for their new logos!
80. I love black with neon colors (hence the reason Matt gave me a black, yes black Christmas tree with bright lights on it for Christmas!!).
81. I love the different scents of candles, but I hate to burn them.
82. I love to call people fool...
83. ...and hoss.
84. I wish I knew how to play tennis!
85. I wish I could wear flip flops everyday!
86. I have a list of shows that I like to watch religiously (i.e. Chuck, Biggest Loser, etc.)
87. My email stays open 24/7.
88. Matt gave me 2 of his CDs he found when he was cleaning out at home...Frosty the Snowman and How the Grinch Stole Christmas. nobigdeal.
89. I love to eat ranch dressing on my pizza.
90. I have too many earrings that I don't know what to do with. And I wear about the same five-ten pairs only..haha
91. Glitter is fun!
92. I love to do kickboxing workouts in my room at school. They have great workout videos on exercise.tv.tv (you should check them out!).
93. I wrote Matt a note from the stuffed animals he gave me...haha...his face was priceless when he saw it and laughed at me.
94. I have never had the time to completely finish the Harry Potter books. I'm finally on the last book.
95. I have every copy of The Rotunda, Longwood's weekly newspaper, since the first issue my freshman year. No, I'm not a pack-rat. They're memories.
96. I have a pack of tie-dye tissues that I bought last November. I'm afraid to use them since Matt told me if I wipe my nose with them, I'll get a rainbow on my face.
97. I want to one day watch the sunset in California.
98. When I was little, I was completely convinced that my toys were just like Woody, Buzz, Ham, and all of the other characters from Toy Story. I would try to catch them, but even when I slowly cracked my door open to see them, they were just too fast for me to see in action. What a shame.
99. I don't really eat popcorn unless I'm at the movies.
100. Last, but not least, it took me over 2 weeks to create this list of 100 things. Sad? I kinda think so.