Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day Eve Snow Day!

Well, what do ya know, another short work week for me. I only worked Monday through Wednesday of this week because we had which is probably, maybe, hopefully our last snow of winter. I say hopefully because I don't want to miss so many days of school that they take away Spring Break!  However, I have gotten a lot done, which I do every time we have an unexpected day off, and I enjoyed a little more time with Matt! Yesterday, he didn't have to be at work until 8:00, so we both got to sleep in...him way more than I usually do! I'm sure he loved that!

Yesterday evening, after it had started snowing again, Matt was outside for a while and I took a few pictures...you'll have to ignore the fact that some of them are slightly blurry.  I wasn't wearing gloves, so my hands were freezing and I was trying to take pictures as quickly as possible.  I was just freezing all around because I was in jeans, a hoodie, and flipflops. HA. I kept going in and out of the house to get stuff that it wasn't even worth putting on my boots--it's way easier to slip flipflops
on and off quickly! But hey, no judging, just wait til you see what Matt was wearing! Also, since it was sleeting at the time I was out there, I was trying to keep my camera from getting wet!



These first couple of pictures are what was left from Wednesday night's snow before more precipitation came in on Thursday!
 

 And here we go again!


Matt went out to the garage to turn off the heater, and I finally realized it had taken him way longer than it should. I looked out the back door, the garage light was off, so I knew he was finished in there...
went to the front door, saw him clearing off the driveway and making a big snow pile to make a snowman!


But, one more touch...


A Longwood Scarf!


I love how he looks like he's guarding the house..haha
 

Then, it was time for Snow Cream!!  The recipe we used is super simple:
  • 1 cup of milk   (we ended up adding a little bit more in to get a good consistency)
  • 1/3 cup of sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 pinch of salt
  • 8 cups of snow
Whisk together the milk, sugar, vanilla and salt. Add the snow and stir immediately. Enjoy!!


I added chocolate syrup to mine...YUM. Matt ended up making a chocolate milkshake!


We still have some snow left in the freezer, so we'll be enjoying Snow Cream Shakes again tonight ;)

No comments: