Saturday, April 22, 2017

A Quick Visit to Longwood

A couple weeks ago, we made a last minute decision to head up to Longwood for the Friday of Spring Weekend.  So last minute that I didn't even know until I was on the way home from work! haha.  (We talked about it on Thursday and I thought we were talking about the NEXT Friday, not the very next day, lol.) We'd been wanting to go to see all of the construction progress that's been going on since we were there, so it was a perfect time to go.  We knew we'd be able to see a few people we knew, which is always nice!

This may have already been changed for past Spring Weekends/Oktoberfests, but this was the first time we'd seen the stage set up here, in front of Stubbs.  While I'm normally one to say keep things the way they are, I really liked this new set up!


This is the first residence hall I lived in, ARC.  During my freshman year, there were trailers about where I was standing to take this picture.  Those were the athletic offices.


NOW. There are 2 new residence halls and a courtyard in front of ARC! It's so awesome looking.


This building was our home-away-from-home, as the majority of both of our classes were held here in Willett.  Also the location of the Vice Presidential Debate!




Marshall, you're our "and Guest." ;)



Longwood started this cool tradition during Abby's senior year, I believe.  There's a fence where you can sign/decorate a lock and add to the collection.  As alumni go back to visit, they also add their locks.  It was neat to see the wide range of graduating classes.  Abby was one of the first people to put a lock on, and I was determined to find hers!  I need to remember to take locks for us next time we go.
 

Last time we visited Longwood, I don't believe there was any structure built yet. Just grass/dirt.  This is so crazy to see a new building being built where the last residence hall I lived in was.  This is going to be the new Student Center, and I really do think it's going to be awesome! I can't wait to see it finished!


Abby, your old room used to be somewhere here....haha...


Marshall was either
a) tired
b) cold
c) not impressed
d) all of the above

He did enjoy watching Oozeball though! :)


It's always nice to go back and visit Longwood.  As cliche as it may sound, those 4 years at Longwood were some of the best years ever.  Met some great people and made lots of memories!!

No comments: