Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Fierce, Fast and Brave and Strong

I feel like I need to start a series of "mom life" posts, a category that this post could fall under.

As we were listening to the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse station on Pandora the other day, the ending theme song to The Lion Guard came on, and I actually listened to the words of the song. (Before then, I didn't know the words and only sang the, "Whoa oh oh oh oh"s when it came on.)  However, once I listened to the words, and Googled the rest, I realized how applicable these could be for our lives:

There's a time in life when you may get a great calling
And it seems so big at times, you feel like you may be falling
If you believe in who you are, there's no need to go runnin'
You find your place, and with your friends, the adventures keep on comin'

I'm sure many of us can think of a time where we've had a dream or idea we wanted to pursue, but the only outcome we could think of was fear or failure.  With any new situation, it's so much easier to list all the negatives rather than the positives.  And we let those negatives weigh heavily on our decision.  I'll give you my example: two summers ago, I had this crazy idea: "Hey, I should start selling LuLaRoe! I love the clothes so much anyway, so why not?" I knew this was a crazy idea, because I'd never done anything like it before.  I did think of every reason why I shouldn't do it, or what happens if I get stuck or fail.  I also knew it would be a big investment to get started (I hate spending money as it is, haha). But, once I told Matt the idea and he was on board too, it made it SO much easier to submit the paperwork and anxiously wait for my call.  I was so thankful to have the money (and a Disney credit card to build points on 😉) and I was able to put money into LuLaRoe so that now, we have a third income for our family.  Are there rocky times? Of course! But if there's anything I've learned through this experience, it's to believe that I can keep trucking along, and with the support of my husband, family, sponsor and team, I can keep on living this dream.

Chorus
Looking after the Pride Lands
Staying strong and united
And no matter where we stand
We'll never be divided
All the lions in the sky
Always keeping a watchful eye
Fierce, fast and brave and strong
Look out, here comes the Lion Guard!

I wrote this whole paragraph to go right here, then deleted it because all I wanted to say about the chorus is this:
I'm making it a life motto to live by.

Now how in the world did I come to realize how meaningful these lyrics are?  Well, when you're in the car with a crying kid, while your husband is in Qdoba picking up lunch, sometimes all you can do to block out the crying is listen to what's on the radio instead. #reallife

And, for those that may not know (what, you don't watch The Lion Guard, too?), the show is about Simba and Nala's son, Kion, who with his friends--the lion guard--protects the Pride Lands.

If you listen to this video, you're welcome for getting the "Whoa oh oh oh oh"s stuck in your head 😁

No comments: