Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Bead Sorting for Toddlers

Initially, my plan for this activity was to have Marshall thread beads onto pipe cleaners, but I'm pretty sure that lasted less than 60 seconds.  As we were picking through the beads to take out the ones that were too small for the pipe cleaner, another idea popped into my head that I knew he'd love: sorting.  I grabbed the ice cube trays I bought (same ones we used for the ice painting), showed him how to do the first few, and he picked up on the idea very quickly.

He sorted most of the beads by type, and some by color, and then I think we ended up with a couple bins of "this is the only bead we have of this type, so it belongs with the other misfits." 😂


Marshall LOVES learning to spell right now, so he was excited about all the letter beads I had.
 





I knew I saved all those miscellaneous beads for a reason 😉

No comments: