Thursday, June 27, 2019

Arts & Crafts Fun

I have a huge craft shelf with tons and tons of craft materials that never get used anymore. (Anyone else like me and used to scrapbook years ago, and now we just say we're going to scrapbook that later?) Most of my craft supplies are from my scrapbooking days, but there are also random things that have been mixed in over the years.  I decided to go through all of this and make a craft box for Marshall, with lots of things that he can use to do whatever he wants with. I had to pick up a few things like glue, more pompom balls and googly eyes, etc., but 95% of these materials were things I already had.  It's all in a box that he can easily go through himself now, and I love hearing him tell me daily that he wants to do crafts 😊

His favorite thing to do is simply glue things on a piece of scrapbook paper. Anything from those googly eyes and pompoms to other pieces of paper.  Because I said it so many times to him when we first started, he always says "tiny dots" every time he uses the glue 😂 




Here are some of his creations:
 



Yesterday, we started adding googly eyes and glitter to rocks, as well.


Another fun activity he enjoyed was Ice Painting. This was super simple to put together and actually lots of fun!
You mix 1 tsp of paint with 1 tsp of water and put a popsicle stick in it to create a handle.
Freeze for a couple hours and they pop out very easily.




Marshall painting "Mr. Sun" and the Christmas tree he asked me to paint.
He is definitely my child. 🎄 

No comments: