Monday, June 3, 2019

OBX Weekend

Let's see if I can get back into this blogging thing...

It's crossed my mind 500+ times, but I've just never made the time to publish a new blog post.

We will be at different events, and while taking pictures, I think, "oh, this would be a good blog post," but do they ever make it up here? No.  But hopefully I can change that!

Okay, here we go!

This past weekend, we visited my aunt and uncle down in the Outerbanks!  We had such a good time, and definitely need to plan another trip down.  I know Marshall's already ready for another trip to "Aunt Diamond" and Uncle Johnny's big house. 😂


On Saturday morning, we went to Seagreen Gallery which is this awesome little shop with all types of things!  The outside area was so neat with shells in the walls, sea glass in the sidewalks, and the driftwood everywhere!




Heading to the beach! 


Mace thoroughly enjoyed himself 😂
 



The only picture I remembered to take of us together...
 

Marshall kept calling the sand castles "cakes" and it took us forever to realize he was calling the pillars on top the "candles!"
 







I don't know HOW Matt convinced Marshall to be buried in the sand!
 

But he seemed to really enjoy it! haha
 


Trading hats with Popees.
 

On Sunday morning, Matt, Marshall and I went back to the beach to look for more seashells and sea glass.  Matt found his third piece of glass from the weekend, and Marshall picked up every rock and broken shell he came across, but he was SO excited about each one so of course we kept them all.
 

At lunch, Marshall's drink came with a shark toy.  It had "blood" (grenadine) in the mouth that you pour into the drink and mix it up.  Marshall LOVED it!!
 

Our last adventure before heading home was stopping by Jennette's Pier to see the fish in the aquariums.  Marshall loved the big fish!
 


 Checking out the fish with Sue Sue.



I believe Marshall would've stood there all afternoon watching the waves crash on the beach.  He was so sad that we had to leave, so I reassured him that we will definitely come back one day!
 

No comments: