Friday, June 21, 2019

Fun at the Library

Marshall and I (Mace, too 😊) have become regulars at the library this summer. He has always loved books and reading, and now he loves going to pick out his own new books to read.  Last week, we got him a library card and I showed him how to check books out.  This week, I showed him how to return his books in the book return slot, and he helped me check books out again. He loves to help with anything, and these tasks were no exception!

On Wednesday, we went to the Bobby Cadabra Magic Show at the Sandston Library to kick off Summer Reading. We have done so much already for Marshall's reading log, and he's really enjoying it!




Y'all, when he started this next trick, I was preparing to be embarrassed. haha. 
For those that don't know, Marshall could live off of PBJ sandwiches and waffles if we let him. It's his favorite thing. Well, Bobby Cadabra said he was going to make a PBJ sandwich for lunch, and I'm sitting in the back thinking, "oh my gosh, Marshall is going to ask for a sandwich for himself." 😂 Thankfully, he didn't, but then, they played the song, "Peanut Butter Jelly Time" and I just KNEW Marshall would get up and dance. (We have dance parties to this song at home, haha). Again, thankfully, he didn't get up, but even if he had, it would've made for a good story!


Last night, we went to see Zeke the dog at the Varina library! We heard about him from mom (she works in an elementary school library).  Zeke visits libraries and hangs out listening to kids read to him.  Marshall didn't read to Zeke, but I watched from a distance as a couple kids did read to him.  The Varina library is still really new, and the entire building is beautifully designed, but the children's area is amazing! Marshall LOVED playing at this library, and didn't pick out as many books because he wanted to play with the groceries. 😂

 
This picture cracks me up!
Dad and Marshall were lining these monkeys up in the shape of a "C." Dad kept adding more to make it into a circle. Marshall looked at it and said, "Oh no! My C!" 😂



 
Checking out and heading home.

No comments: