Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Cool, Refreshing Treat.

Yes, I am aware that I am totally behind on posting this--2 WEEKS behind. Oh geez, I'm getting awful at this!!

I mentioned that I had a better "how-to" post coming that is even better than the first (in my opinion!)

MORE DESSERT!!

2 weeks ago I made this fabulous Lemon Cake that was gone so quickly. Everyone loved it. But poor Abby didn't even get a piece :( So I will be making another one sometime :) Which is good, because as I was putting these pictures on my camera, I noticed that I missed a step and forgot one of the ingredients in the picture when taking pictures. Not cool!

Hope you enjoy the pictures and try this recipe out for yourself! You won't regret it!


Here are all of the ingredients: 1 package (2-layer size) of lemon cake mix, 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) of Jell-O Lemon Instant Pudding, 1 1/2 cups cold milk (not pictured :( ) and 1 tub (8 oz.) of Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed

*The eggs, water, and vegetable oil were for the cake mix*

Step 1: Prepare the lemon cake mix just as the directions say on the box. Step 2: Pour cake mix into the pans. (I used two 8-inch circle pans for this. You can also use a 13x9 rectangle pan and just frost the top. Whatever you prefer.) Bake the cakes according to the directions on the box.
Step 3: Once you have baked the cakes, let them cool.

Step 4: Beat the pudding mixes and milk with a whisk for 2 minutes.
Step 5: Immediately spread the pudding/milk mix over the tops of the cake layers.

Step 6: Put one layer on top of the other. *I ended up having a lot more pudding mix on the top layer because I was afraid of running out, and I had already stacked the cakes. Still turned out great!

Step 7: This step is to ice your cake with the Cool-Whip, just as you would with any frosting. I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of the cake after I finished covering it, but this next picture shows it somewhat. Step 8: Enjoy!!! :) This is what each slice looks like inside. Yummyness in every bite!

Now, hopefully I'll get myself caught up and post my dessert from last week tomorrow or Tuesday! Because then I'll be making something else.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Mal, I love your little how-tos. (:

Mallory said...

thank you!! seriously, you have got to try that cake. it's incredible!

also, i think you'll like the next one :) :) :)

Nina Diane said...

oh I will def be making this cake....yummy! I'm going to post a easy, easy blueberry cobbler this week so look for that

Gabrielle said...

I'm definately making this!! Looks yummy!
I posted a recipe for some addictive snack mix today!