Monday, June 7, 2010

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaack!

Matt did not propose. I did not get a hair cut. I did not get my nose pierced. I did not get a tattoo. I did not buy a new pair of shoes. Sorry Lindsey Burlew. Those were all nice guesses, but not even close to what I did today! haha!

I've been wanting a Magic Bullet since I first saw the infomercial. I would find it as I was flipping through the channels at 1 am and watch the entire thing. Every single time. For some reason, it just amazed me. But I knew how expensive it was, and at the time I first saw it, I wasn't old enough to buy it myself and Mom wouldn't buy it for me. lol :) Well, Memaw gave Abby one for her birthday and we were both equally excited!! However, it had not been used once so I saw it yesterday and decided I wanted to make something. I flipped through the recipe book that came with it and found something that looked yummy and simple enough to make! Cheesecake!

Here are some pictures I took of the process!!

All materials/machines needed: the Magic Bullet (or other blender) and the recipe book
All of the ingredients: 1 8oz. package of cream cheese, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup of sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla, and 1 graham cracker crust.
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Put all of the ingredients (except the crust-as the book distinctly says! haha) into your Magic Bullet or Blender.
Step 2: Blend away until you get the right consistency. Step 3: Pour your mixture into the graham cracker crust.
Step 4: Gently tap your crust on the counter to get the bubbles out of the mixture. I didn't do this very long because I didn't want the bottom of the crust to break.
Step 5: Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the mixture sets.
Once it is done baking, leave it out on the counter to cool off. After it has cooled, keep it in the fridge for a few hours, or until you are ready to serve.
Step 6: ENJOY! You can eat it plain or with toppings! I had chocolate syrup on mine, Mom had frozen strawberries, and Abby ate in plain. I ended up adding some strawberries on mine as well. But you can add whatever you'd like!
See Lindsey, I told you that your guesses weren't even close :-P

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh my gosh! Making a cheesecake with a Magic Bullet was totally going to be my next guess!
Aha, but in all seriousness, I have a Magic Bullet and it is the shiz (:
After I got mine I made so many smoothies (: Ahaha.
Thank you for teaching me how to make cheese cake the easy way!

Nina Diane said...

now I know what you can bring to the next family gathering!!

Emily Grace said...

Girl, that cheesecake looks delicious. I'm thinking we might need one at our first Glee reunion in the fall. :) Also-- as soon as I saw the word "propose" I jumped... and then realized you said he didn't. baha Still was excited for you!

Mallory said...

haha! I was just telling one of my friends last night about our Glee nights at your apartment!! I miss them! And I'd be happy to bring a cheesecake :)
Sorry to trick you on the "propose" hahaha.