Monday, January 31, 2011

Thankfulness

Everyone will write about things that they're thankful for, especially around Thanksgiving. It's usually things like, family, food, shelter... those types of things. This morning at breakfast, for some reason I got to thinking about all the things I'm thankful for that don't necessarily immediately come to mind:
  • ARAMARK: Without them, we wouldn't have food at all..in D-Hall, the Student Union, everything. Breakfast is my favorite meal to eat in D-Hall. If there isn't french toast or waffle sticks, then I will get an omelet--fixed the same way each time: egg whites, topped with a little bit of cheese, and then ham & green peppers. yummmm. There used to be this employee, Steven, who made the best omelets. All of a sudden, I stopped seeing him. The omelets I got after that were never as good, so I stopped getting them. Finally, they changed the "omelet maker" to this really nice lady. She makes GREAT omelets!! This morning, I saw her behind the counter, but she was kind of instructing this new person how to make omelets. The new lady ended up making mine. When she went to flip the eggwhites, they kind of ripped and I got frustrated because I thought she'd have to start over. I don't know what that ripping did, but it made my omelet taste wonderful!!
  • HOUSEKEEPING: Yeah, I think I'm a little more thankful for them now that I'm an RA. I enjoy not having to be the one to clean up someone's spilled soda or, um, other un-identifiable liquids, from the elevator. They sweep every hall every day, and I know that on Monday mornings, that may not be as easy. For some reason, people seem to think that just because it's the weekend, that means that they can leave trash of any sort just laying in the hall. Is it really that hard to either a) walk to the trash chute on the hall, or b) take it in your room--I sure hope you have a trash can in there.
  • PEOPLE WHO WALK QUIETLY: There are seriously some loud walkers that live in Curry. I don't understand how people can be so loud! I swear, it just sounds like a herd of elephants half the time and it drives me nuts. But, I appreciate those people who are also driven nuts by this and understand where I'm coming from.
  • SCARVES: I usually wear a scarf everyday during the cold. I, for some reason, didn't wear one today, and I never realized how much of a difference it actually made at keeping me warm! When I set my clothes out tonight with what I'm wearing tomorrow, I'll be sure to remember a scarf this time!!

That's all for now :)

1 comment:

Nina Diane said...

I too am the queen of scarves!