Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Beginning: Hello 2011

A new year comes with new changes. And there are a few things I’d like to write about:


-First of all, when the new year comes around, all the Christmas decorations come down :(

-I’ve had the same basic blog set up for a while. It’s time for a change. That’s why I decided to change it up a bit. I’m still working on something for part of it, so just wait and see!

-My freshmen residents are no longer just freshmen. They’re second semester freshmen. They’re not really “newbies” anymore. They know so much more about Longwood now and have made such great friends with other people on the hall. But I hope this doesn’t make them too cool to still talk to me and come to my game nights ;)

- New Resolutions? I question this because I always find it difficult to come up with a resolution that can actually be realistic. Is it possible? Some of my past resolutions have been: Read the entire Bible, Read the DaVinci Code, go to the gym more often, to not make a New Year’s Resolution (well, that was definitely a fail!), etc., etc. This year, one that I’d really like to try to do has to do with my blogs. If you didn’t know, I have two. The one you’re reading now gets updated the most, but I’d like to not forget my inspiration blog as well. It shouldn’t just get pushed to the back burner. And I know there are times when I go so long without even posting, and I blame it all on not having enough hours in the day. That may or may not be the case, but I’m sure I could find a small bit of time before bed to write a little something. So, my New Year’s Resolution for 2011 is to write in each of my blogs at least once a week. That may be too small of a goal, but I’d hate to set it too high and fail after the first month. This way, I can [hopefully] at least reach my goal, and then add more if I can!

-Changes in your life due to family/friend losses are always challenging. I may not show it on the outside, but I’m still trying to accept the loss of my friend Casey, and earlier this week, his aunt Charlotte. I don’t talk it about that much, mainly because I think that makes things seem so much more real. And in all honesty, I don’t want them to seem real. Because every time I think about a great moment or memory that involved Casey, my first thought is, “Oh my gosh! I have to text him and see if he remembers this!!” And then it’s kind of all downhill from there. Then come all the thoughts of, “Well, what if…”

-I have to figure out what I want to do in my life, which may or may not be a good change. Later this week, I am going to be searching around finding places where I can intern over the summer. I’m either going to find something I fall in love with, or find something that’ll make me change my major…again! Hopefully, it’s the first of the two. I’m sure my parents hope that as well! I am currently thinking Cardiac Rehabilitation Therapy. Then there are other times when I still want to be a doctor, but I don’t think I can handle that much more school! I’m so ready to be out!

-Growing up. Do I like it or not? Ha. I guess it doesn’t matter; I’m going to have to eventually! So far, Matt and I have three weddings to go to this year. It’s so crazy that we’re now at the age where 2 of our cousins and his uncle are getting married. It’ll be a lot of fun though (I love weddings!).

1 comment:

Nina Diane said...

great New Years post Mallory! I'm so sorry you lost such a great friend. Sometimes life can just be so tough...but we plow forward and try to find all of the good that life has for us. I look forward to keeping up with you through the blog and in June...at the wedding!!!

bacyces