Monday, September 5, 2016

Back to School Verses

Although I've been back at work for two weeks now, tomorrow is the first day of school! Today is the last official day of summer break, and I couldn't be happier to be spending more time home with Marshall! Spending every day of summer with him really spoiled me :)

The first day of school will probably bring chaos, lost freshman, and students more excited to see all their friends they haven't seen since June than to hear overviews of the classes they'll be taking this year. But, there will also be anxious teachers waiting for their new students to walk through the door, seniors who are thrilled it's their last year of high school, freshman excited to finally be in high school, and tons of new beginnings! I kept thinking about the phrase "new beginnings" and I had to find a few Bible verses that I thought many people can probably relate to to at least help get through tomorrow, this first week, or even the whole year!

Hebrews 10:24-25
And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

Working in a school is more about teamwork than working individually, at least from my experiences. Working together to get a task done, getting everything ready for the first day of school, encouraging each other, and always being willing to lend a helping hand. Even though we all have days where it's hard enough to get our own stuff done, working with your coworkers instead of against them will always leave you with a better work environment.

Philippians 3:13-14
Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Something that worked great last year, may not give you the same results this year. That's okay. Find a new system. Ask for help. Take a break and come back to it. As long as you still have the same end goal in mind, you will find a new way to get your message across or get everything done.

Isaiah 43:18-19
Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.

Forget what didn't work last year. Forget the test you failed. Failures don't define you.
Forget the angry phone calls you had to take (because most of the time, they're not even mad at you, just mad at the situation).
Embrace new ideas, new work environments, and new beginnings.



No comments: