Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Our First Trip to 2nd and Charles

Friday night, Matt and I went to check out this awesome bookstore I kept hearing great things about--2nd and Charles.  If you haven’t been yet, you need to go check it out!! There are currently only three locations in Virginia, the 2 closest being in Midlothian and Richmond.  We went to the Richmond location on West Broad Street and we already want to go back. Actually, let’s be honest, we wanted to go back the next day!! 

There are so many amazing things about this place, that I just don’t know where to begin, so here’s a random list of everything I can think of about this store. I wish I took more pictures while we were in there, but I was just so excited to look at as many things as possible!!
  • First of all, this place is HUGE. I was blown away by the size of it when we walked in, because it wasn’t at all what I expected!
  • Make sure you get a basket when you walk in. Even if you think you won’t need it, grab it anyway, because you will. I didn’t even see the baskets when we walked in, so I ended up balancing my growing stack of books on a small part of Marshall’s stroller. Yeah, that worked really well. (Not.)
  • They have free bins outside!  We checked these out before we first went in, and didn’t see much. When we left, the bins had been refilled, and Matt walked away with a new record, and I got 4 books!
  • They have everything from kids books, comic books, coloring books, DVDs, music, video games..the list goes on and on! They're mostly used books, but they are in such great condition. They will also buy your books and everything for either cash or store credit.
  • In the children’s book section, I finally came across the Christmas books.  I saw this shelf and immediately texted Matt, “I am in heaven right now. You just don’t understand.” haha. Yes, a bit dramatic, I will admit. But come ON. Look at all this!!! They had the childrens’ holiday books sectioned off by holiday, which was great! I grabbed a copy of The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown with all the stickers still included...for Marshall to play with when he's older :) Y'all, take a look at this. This is ALL CHRISTMAS.
  • Used children's and teen books were Buy 3 Get 1 Free!
  • You can’t beat the prices. Everything is so reasonably priced, which makes it even harder to limit the amount of books you get!! In the end, we got 9 children’s books, 1 comic book, 1 (free) record and 4 (free books) for less than $15! Birthday money well spent ;)

1 comment:

Lori Carey said...

Awesome! We have one near us that I have been wanting to check out, but its in Harbison, which has traffic that rivals Short Pump (or at least how I remember Short Pump being!)