Wednesday, October 1, 2014

2014 To-Do List: 3rd Recap

It's that time again! Time to check back in with where I am in my 2014 to-do list.  No procrastinating here, so here we go!

#1. Blog more realistically.
Let's see, in my first recap, I had only blogged 18 times in 3 months; in my second recap I had blogged 24 times; and in the past three months, I've blogged 22 times.  Meh,not bad, but could be better. Dear Self, please get better at this.

But, the next recap will definitely top the rest, because that will include December, which will include my 25 Days of Christmas posts--they'll be here before you know it!

#2. Cook more.
I've been helping more, but when I look back, it seems like our summer was so busy that we just did something quick, or we weren't even here!  However, I did try a couple new recipes.  This Loaded Baked Potato and Chicken Casserole was pretty good.  I wasn't a huge fan of the chicken part in it, but the baked potato part was great!


I also made this orzo salad recipe, but when I didn't find orzo in the pantry like I thought we had, I just used some other pasta noodles instead.  Still tasted great to me, and it was really great to take to work in my lunch! Also, in that pasta recipe, I used mozzarella cheese instead of feta cheese.

Without sounding like I'm trying to make excuses, I did honestly have better intentions of trying to cook more, but a lot of the time, it just didn't work for our schedules.  Matt is off Mondays and is always home from work before me, so most of the time if it's a crock pot meal, he preps and starts it on Monday, or starts dinner first anyway. I'm very thankful for him and his love for cooking!!

Within the next three months, especially around Christmas, I know more baking will definitely come :)

#3. Participate in more races.
Well, of course we completed the Spartan race!! But, that's the extent of races for these three months, it seems. Bummer.  However, assuming all gets better -*fingers crossed*- there are several fun races to come for the last three months of the year!!

#4. Read more. 
Since I was off for the summer I really knocked this one out of the park! Here are all of the books I've read since July 1st:
  • Wesley the Owl by Stacey O'Brien
  • How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff
  • Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
  • Hairspray and Homicide by Cindy Bell
  • The Women of Duck Commander by Kay, Korie, Missy, Jessica and Lisa Robertson
  • The St. Valentine's Day Cookie Massacre by Elisabeth Crabtre
  • To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
  • Better Off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg
  • Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea by Chelsea Handler by
  • Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
  • Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy
  • Cruel Summer by Alyson Noël
  • The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle
  • No Place Like Oz by Danielle Paige
  • Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige
  • Say What You Will by Cammie McGovern
  • The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
  • Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
  • A Sixteenth Summer Novel - Pulled Under by Michelle Dalton
  • How to Ruin a Summer Vacation by Simone Elkeles

Boy, am I missing summer and having SO much free time to read, now!! I'm only on my second book since school started!

If you missed my other 2014 To-Do List Recaps, here are those links for you:
1st Recap
2nd Recap

1 comment:

Lori Carey said...

Can you check out books from the library at the school? I love that about working here on campus, I can order books from the library and have them delivered via campus mail. LOVE IT!