Tuesday, April 1, 2014

2014 To-Do List: 1st Recap

At the beginning of the year, I posted some things on my 2014 To-Do List. Instead of waiting until December 31 to look back at the year to see what I accomplished, I decided I'll do a post every three months to check back and see how I'm doing on this To-Do List. Here's the first check-in!

#1. Blog more reastically.
Unfortunately, this is probably the one thing on my 2014 to-do list that I haven't stuck with the most. My goal was to aim to post something on my blog 2-3 times a week.  When I look back at each month so far, in January I only had 7 posts, in February I had 4 posts, and in March I had 7 posts, including this one. I have no clue why February was the worst, and I only posted an average of once a week! Well, maybe it's because we had so much snow this year, and you can only post but so many pictures of snow before it gets old! haha I hope I'll get better at this one throughout the year! I'm thinking I will...because with warmer temperatures, I'll get out and do more, and have more pictures to share!

#2. Cook more.
I definitely have stepped up a little bit more in this area! haha. I really love flipping through Miss. Kay's Duck Commander cookbook that Matt's parents gave me for Christmas! I've made Jep's Best Baked Beans, Jep's Meatloaf Choice, and Willie's Famous Chicken Strips. I've also made coffee cake, BBQ bacon wrapped chicken tenders, and several other things where I've had Matt's assistance in making sure it comes out edible...haha. Sunday evening, I tried a Pinterest recipe and made these delicious roasted peppers! YUM!

Here's Matt's way of "topping the meatloaf with bacon." So worth it though! haha
 

If you'd like me to share any of these recipes, let me know and I can do that in a future post!

#3. Participate in more races.
Actually, just three days ago was the first race of the year to check off the to-do list. We ran in the Ukrop's Monument Avenue 10K on Saturday, and for the most part, I was pleased with my time. I really wanted to finish in under an hour...even if I finished at 59:59. Matt and I finished in 1 hour and 17 seconds. SEVENTEEN. SECONDS. I can't believe it.
Well, without it sounding like I'm making excuses for myself, I never trained in the rain (which we ran in on Saturday), and I had no intentions of hurting through the whole race. First it was my foot, then my knee.  I never got tired, I was just ANNOYED more than anything that I was hurting. However, my head wasn't hurting (until after lunch) so I definitely won't complain about that!
Regardless, it was fun! After completing it, Matt, Dad and I waited for Abby and Mom, and we got to see a lot of the fun costumes!


Apparently, even in 2014, there are still people who don't know how to take a picture on a phone...Sad.

#4. Read more.
I've definitely gotten a good start on this to-do list! The first book I read this year was the first one I got for Christmas, Melissa Explains it All by Melissa Joan Hart. I'm now just about finished in the second book I got for Christmas, Reshaping it All by Candace Cameron Bure. I only have a few more chapters to go! This book is really neat, because at the end of each chapter are healthy recipes. I've made one so far, fresh salsa, which I lovvvee. It's so simple: just tomatoes, red onion and cilantro. All to taste. I even took it to a small covered dish lunch we had at school on Friday, and everyone loved it!  Next up to read is my third book from Christmas, which Mom had to pre-order for me. It came earlier in the month, and she sent it to me via "The Pony" so I'd get it at school. (The Pony is like a mail delivery system only through the schools, Central Office, etc.) I have a few more books on my shelf to read after that, so I told myself to stop buying more books until I finish reading all of these! haha


No comments: