Thursday, April 3, 2014

Warm Weather Love List

Anyone else as excited as I am about finally having some good warm weather that doesn't go away after one day?! I am loving it! I enjoy winter, don't get me wrong, but let's be honest, the snow and the cold got really old really quickly!

Anyway, I started thinking about this at work the other day, but I thought I'd just make up a quick list about some of the things I love about warm weather!

-Flipflops and sandals! I was so tired of wearing socks every day to work.....my feet need to breathe, people! Haha. And you better believe the sandals came out this week!

-Keeping the windows open! Several weekends ago, Matt and I did so much cleaning around the house, and it was nice have some windows and our back doors open! We've been opening them up several other times lately, too!

-Bright colors! During the fall, I like the jewel-tone colors of purple, dark red, mustard yellow, etc., but in the winter, it feels kind of drab. I'm ready for more pink, orange and lime green ;)

-Burning my new candles! I had lots of great Christmas/winter candle scents this year (several of them were Christmas presents from Abby and Papa!), but I've recently bought several new summery scents that I can't wait to burn :)  I don't know when or how I got on the kick of loving candles lately!

-Grilled corn on the cob! Mmmmm. I love summery foods like that. Even though we've still been enjoying grilled meat year round, there's just something about grilling during the summer! I love grilled veggies and grilled pineapple, too!

-Running outside--I've SOMEHOW managed to find myself enjoying running lately.  I still dread starting sometimes, but I like the feeling of accomplishment afterwards. I like running outside more now, because running on the treadmill can be so boring! Plus, there's more to look at outside!

1 comment:

Lori Carey said...

grilled pineapple sprinkled with brown sugar & cinnamon. To die for. YUM!!