Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014 To-Do List

Happy 2014!!

Hope you've all had a great start to the new year! Matt and I already unofficially started a new tradition that we joked about yesterday: only eat Mexican food on January 1st! Coincidentally and unintentionally, that's what we did yesterday, and I'm okay with that! We'll see this time next year if we really do make it a tradition! haha

In all honesty, who actually keeps the New Year's Resolutions that they make? I know I never do. This year, instead of making resolutions, I kind of just wanted to make a To-Do List for the year of things I'd like to do. I guess you could say it's still kind of like making resolutions, but I love to-do lists way more than resolutions. haha. Maybe it's because I enjoy crossing things off a to-do list way too much!  Here's my 2014 To-Do List that I've come up with so far, and I hope to add more to it as the year goes on! Nothing wrong with that, right??

#1. Blog more reastically. When I wasn't working, it was easy for me to blog 5 days a week, every week. Even better, rarely did I run out of things to blog about! I tried to stick with that when I first started subbing, but once Elko Middle School really welcomed me into their home, and I was there every single day {it was the BEST!}, I just
really couldn't blog that much anymore. So, I changed my "blogging calendar" to just blog on Monday, Wednesday and Friday every week. That went okay, at first, but getting closer to the wedding, I couldn't even keep up with that schedule.

When we got back from Jamaica, I didn't have any problems with blogging because I had SO MUCH to blog about......many many wedding pictures to share, behind the scenes wedding details, pictures from Jamaica, etc. I definitely had a post every single day!  Then, my blog posts started getting more sporadic again, until December came and I had my 25 Days of Christmas to share. Sure, I may have gotten behind on those posts, but you betcha I got all 25 in by the time I went to bed on December 25th! I wasn't giving up!

I love blogging so much, but I don't want it to get to the point where it feels like a chore. I've decided for 2014, I'm going to try for a more realistic blogging goal, and aim to blog 2-3 times a week. Also, in the past, I've limited myself to only blogging Monday thru Friday, so I don't have to worry about anything over the weekend, but if I like blogging so much, and if I have something I really want to post, why not post it on Saturday or Sunday?? So there ya go, #1 on my to-do list.

#2. Cook more. I already have a good start on this one, since I made our first dinner of 2014! haha. I found a good recipe for Taco Soup a couple of years ago that's so simple and quick to make so that's what we had last night. Nope, we didn't have black eyed peas, stewed tomatos, etc., so we probably set ourselves up for a year of bad luck! haha.

#3. Participate in more races. Last year, I participated in the Ukrop's Monument Avenue 10K like I do pretty much every year, but there were several other races of different lengths that I wanted to participate in, as well. I either didn't want to spend the money to run in them, didn't feel like I had the time, or just forgot about it. This year, I've decided that if I really want to do it, I'm going to sign up. That way, I don't look back one day and say, "oh, I really wish I had done that when I had the chance..." I've already searched for some races for this year and found some that I'd like to do, and hopefully I'll find some more!

#4. Read more. I did very well at this goal in 2012 after I graduated and when I wasn't working. I posted several "Good Reads" posts sharing the books that I was constantly checking out from the library and reading so quickly. Most of them were biographies and autobiographies, and I really loved them. I got a few more for Christmas that I'm excited to read, and another one coming in a couple months that Mom pre-ordered for me! So, last year, I did read, just not as much as I would've liked to. I hope this year that I'll be able to read more!

That's all for now, but like I said, I'm sure I will add more as the year goes on!

No comments: