Wednesday, July 2, 2014

2014 To-Do List: 2nd Recap

We just got back from Disney last night and I know many people are waiting to see more of those pictures (and don't worry, there are PLENTY!!), but I haven't had a chance to upload those pictures to my computer yet, and my computer is already taking too much time just to open Blogger to write this post! There will probably even be several posts about our trip to Disney, because there's just so much to share!!

However, to get pass the time until then (and I'm not planning on it taking too much time to get to it!) it's time for the 2nd recap of my 2014 to-do list! If you missed the first recap, you can read it here.

#1. Blog more realistically.
In my mind, I still didn't blog as much as I wanted to, but, it was an improvement from last time! My goal was to blog 2-3 times a week, and I guess I'm sitting at an average of about 2 times a week. Not horrible. I blogged 8 times in April, 9 times in May, and 7 times in June. Hopefully since it's the summer and I'm not working now, I'll have more time to blog and share what we've been up to!

#2. Cook more.
I really slacked off on this goal the past three months! I didn't cook as many full meals, but I did try new recipes! As far as dinners go, the only thing I can probably do without help is spaghetti and toast, but even then I always call Matt in to check behind me, because I'm always worried I'll leave a piece of meat uncooked in the sauce! haha.
Some of the more snack-time recipes I tried were guacamole, mango salsa, mango smoothies, and, uh, whoops, looks like that's it! haha.
Note to self: You're on summer vacation. There's no reason why you can't learn and try to cook more. haha.

#3. Participate in more races.
Let's see, since the last recap, I've only done a few races.  I walked in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure with some of our family friends.  That evening, Matt, mom and I were supposed to be running in the Glow Run, which we were really looking forward to. But, due to the weather, they cancelled it, and the outcome wasn't pretty. They didn't bother to reschedule, but said we could switch our registration over to another one of their races, but, it's really not that convenient for us to just up and go to Oklahoma, Texas, Pennsylvania, or any of the other states for this 5K. There was nothing closer to us, so we just lost out. Luckily, we did get our shirts from packet pick-up the day before. Then, several weeks later, Matt and I did The Color Vibe, which was a lot of fun! It might seem like I'm not doing more races like I'd hoped, it's just that the majority of them are in the fall/winter!

#4. Read more.
Okay, I think I blew the 1st recap out of the park on this goal. haha. Spring Break was during this last 3-month time period, and I read several books that week, which helped with this goal! Here are all of the books I've read in the past 3 months:
  • Reshaping it All (I finished it--I was almost finished reading it when I did the 1st recap)
  • Growing Up Duggar
  • Titanic: Voices from the Disaster
  • Si-cology 101
  • Duck Commander
  • Mates, Dates & Cosmic Kisses
  • Mates, Dates & Chocolate Cheats
  • Wicked
  • Killer Cupcakes
  • Innocent in Las Vegas
  • Why 26.2?
  • Happy, Happy, Happy
  • When You Reach Me (this was my flight read to and from Disney!)

I love that I've been making more time to read for fun! I have a list of books I'd like to read, so we'll see how many of them I can get through over the summer!

1 comment:

Lori Carey said...

I am in the middle of reading Innocent in Las Vegas, its good so far!