Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Mexican Dinner - Trying New Things

We have Mexican for dinner often, but we usually have tacos, nachos, or Matt's occasional quesadilla.
While going through Martin's buying all of the ingredients, Matt decided he wanted to try making enchiladas! He's always good and cooking new things, so I knew these would turn out well....although I was nervous...the sauce just kinda looks weird to me.
Anyway, I tried it, and besides the fact that we accidentally picked up Hot & Spicy taco seasoning, and used it anyway (every part of my mouth was burning, from my lips to the insides of my cheeks!!), it was really good!!


I forgot to take "after" pictures, so just trust me when I say it looked and tasted good!

Also, I found a recipe for guacamole to try making and guess what, it turned out well (and was edible!).
The only time I really remember having guacamole before was this past Christmas, when my cousin Alison made a yummy taco dip, and guacamole was one of the layers.
Plus, I'll take any excuse to use these fun salsa bowls my dad gave us!

If you'd like to make this guacamole, here's the easy recipe I followed:
  • 1 avocado
  • 1 plum tomato
  • juice of half a lime
  • 1/4 cup of chopped onion
  • 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
  • 1 clove of minced garlic
So good! The only thing is, I was in a rush and wasn't thinking, so I didn't mash the avocado before adding the rest of the ingredients. It didn't make it taste any different, but it would have a better consistency if I did that! I'll be sure to remember it for next time! Enjoy!

No comments: