Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Mango: the Most Popular Fruit in the World!

When we were in Jamaica last year, I acquired a taste for mango, which I probably wouldn't have had otherwise. Well, maybe I would have, but the chances are slim.

Every morning at the beach, mangosas would be brought around as soon as you claimed your chair. 
During dinner, mango sorbet would be served between courses to "cleanse your palette" (I have always thought that was so bizarre...), and I would eat such small bites to make it last as long as possible! haha.

I've been trying to find some mango sorbet or ice cream at the store, but I've really only found them in fruit pop form, which I guess I'm just going to have to end up getting!

Even if I couldn't have a bowl of mango sorbet in front of me, I did want to try making a mango smoothie, so I searched Pinterest for some recipes and found one that I liked. Matt and I both had them last night, his made slightly different than mine, and we both agreed that they were good! However, not very "smoothie" like. More just like a fruity drink, but still just as good!


This drink includes:  vanilla yogurt, pineapple juice, banana, mango, coconut milk (Matt used regular milk) and then we threw in some ice! Very simple to make, healthy, and yummy! Please don't ask me exact measurements, because when working with Matt in the kitchen, I've learned there ARE no exact measurements (only when I'm making something myself!). I can tell you that for the yogurt...you know the individual cups of Yoplait yogurt you can buy at the store? I used 1 of those individual cups last night (1/2 in each of our smoothies). There's 1/2 a banana in each smoothie, and 1/2 a mango in each smoothie. As for the juice and milk...psh..forget it. I have no idea.

Now, if only we can figure out how to get this view back while drinking our mango drinks....

1 comment:

Nina Diane said...

My favorite smoothie is mango pineapple. 1 cup each of pineapple, mango, crushed ice, canned coconut milk and a dash of vanilla flavoring. So yummy