Saturday, May 17, 2014

Love List

If you've seen Frozen, you can't help but sing along when you hear "Let it Go." Even if you still haven't seen the movie, you've probably heard the song enough times now so you also know it by heart. Anyway, my mind must be telling me that I lovvvvvve this song, because I literally woke up every day this past week SINGING IT IN MY HEAD. Every. Day. The same part. I don't know why. Until today....when I woke up with "Love is an Open Door" playing on repeat in my head. I don't get it. I guess Frozen really is the best movie ever made!

Jimmy Fallon--he's been my favorite for forever. Conveniently, my second favorite is Seth Meyers, so when Jimmy moved to the Tonight Show, you KNOW I was thrilled that Seth would be on Late Night! Anyway, Jimmy Fallon has these HILARIOUS segments called "Ew!" and if you haven't seen one, please do yourself a favor and go to this YouTube channel now. I promise you will laugh! Here's one before you head over to the link!



The Tacchino Salad at Roma's is my new go-to meal. I LOVE it. I tried it several weeks ago, just for something completely different from what I usually get and I couldn't believe how tasty it was! I laugh because it's presented just slightly differently every time, but always tastes just as good! The salad is mixed greens, turkey, red onions, tomatoes, candied pecans and dried pecans. It comes with a balsamic vinaigrette dressing that I really don't care for by itself, but it goes wonderfully with the salad!


For those that know me well, you know I hate birds! Have you ever seen the movie, The Birds? If so, that's the reason I don't like them, ha. So, if birds keep their distance away from me, I'm good.
Anyway, today, I saw not one, but FOUR dead birds. One while cutting grass at church, one in the floor at Lowes, and two in the streets while I was out on my run. I felt so bad for the little things, so, even though I don't like birds, they'll temporarily be on my Love List, just for sympathy reasons...haha.

I knew that there was a parody book of The Hunger Games, called The Hunger Pains, but did you know there's also a parody movie out? Yep, it's called The Starving Games. We randomly came across it on Netflix. 
We intended on finding a Disney movie to watch, and that's what we ended up with. ha!
For the most part, it was pretty funny. Then, there were those moments when you're just like "really?!" I know I blurted out "Oh....Em....Gee" several times, just because I couldn't believe some of the things that were included in this movie. I don't want to give too much away, but there were characters from random movies, some of who's last names may be Potter, Weasley and Granger, amongst others. Even a couple cartoon animations, too.
Now, I will say, given this is a parody, some things were definitely exaggerated, and just flat out gross. I couldn't even watch at some parts. But, I have to give credit where credit is due...we saw it on Netflix and HAD to watch it.

No comments: