Friday, May 23, 2014

One Year as Homeowners!

All through college, I kept looking back on the last year and think, "MAN, that literally seemed like just YESTERDAY!" I'm really starting to understand the saying that as you get older, time just really starts flying by!!

For instance, it has now officially been a year since we bought our first house! WHAT?! Yep, we've been homeowners for a year now, and it feels like it's been no time at all!

I know I've been lacking in the picture department of sharing pictures of our house, except for mostly holiday decoration pictures, haha, but that's because we still have a lot to do and we're starting to figure out what we want to do where, paint colors, etc. For now, I thought I'd share what we HAVE done just to give you a little peak into the past year :)
  • We've painted two whole rooms in our house: Matt's "man cave" upstairs, and my "craft room" upstairs (which I just realized I never blogged to show you the color!!). Neither room is near finished! Haha. They are currently more like "holding cells" for all of our stuff that we're still moving in to the house! I have a feeling my room will be a big summer project for me to finish, since I won't be working!
  • We started our garden this spring, and planted new bushes and bulbs out front!
  • We've hung up stuff on the walls (after I finally decided on permanent places! haha)
  • We (and by "we" I mean Matt and his uncle!) installed a new thermostat.
  • We've started making half of our garage into a small gym. Matt's currently working on closing off the walls, and we'll hopefully get a fan put up soon!
Of course, all of these great things aside, there have also been the not-so-fun things that we've had to deal with:
  • Occasionally, a huge block of ice will form in the freezer, and we'll know this because there will be a puddle in kitchen floor. Easily fixable, so that's one of our lesser problems!
  • Several of Matt's work pens have taken the death spin in the washer and dryer (and exploded...). Thankfully, all of Matt's uniforms are dark navy blue, so you'd never know if they have an ink spot on them now...haha
  • We've caught many field mice....by using several mouse traps, and other creative ways to catch a mouse at 4:00 in the morning. (If you're with Matt and are curious, ask him to see the picture of that mouse--he has the picture on his phone!)
And, because every post needs a picture, here's one of my favorite pictures of our house....but just you wait and see it next Christmas ;)

No comments: