Tuesday, August 26, 2014

78th Law Family Reunion

A couple weeks ago, we headed down to Eden, NC for our annual trip to the Law Family Reunion.  This is the family reunion for my Memaw's family, which is my grandma on my dad's side, for those who don't know.

We're lucky enough to be a part of a great, big family! My grandma is the youngest of 13!!!
Needless to say, when the 2nd weekend in August finally comes around, we all enjoy the time together, but it always seems to go by so quickly!

Friday night begins with dinner at Santana's mexican restaurant with a few family members. (Define "a few".... haha). Then, several more people get together to peel potatoes and prep everything for the stew on Saturday!

Saturday morning, bright and early, some of the guys meet up for a round of golf, which mostly ended up getting rained out this year.  
During golf (but starting much later!) a handful of the girls get together for the Law Ladies Tea Party Luncheon.  (Keep in mind, that when I say "a handful" it can mean 20-30 people, ha!).

Saturday evening is The Stew, where we eat a great brunswick stew, hamburgers/hot dogs, and just great cookout food!  Sunday for lunch, there's an even bigger feast!!

I can't believe it, but I forgot my camera so there are very few pictures from this trip, so here are the ones I did take on my phone.

Saw this on the drink table...seemed appropriate!


Here's our Hampton Inn we always stay at, and we saw our favorite hotel lady, Myra, for the last time this year.
She's worked there for as long as we can remember, so when we found out she was retiring, we all said, "WHAT?!"


Victoria showing Matt her iPad..


I know it's blurry, but check out all that food for lunch! (You don't think we like chicken do you?)


Desserts..mmmm..


As we were getting ready to leave, I saw this plaque hanging up in the building, with a picture of one of my great uncles. Of course, I had to take a quick picture.

No comments: