Friday, September 7, 2012

Yes, this post IS about Mary-Kate & Ashley


So I have no idea why I wanted to do this post. Probably because of my movie selection the other day while I was cleaning my closet/room.
Growing up, I was OBSESSED with Mary-Kate and Ashley.  I think between my sister and I, we have every single MK&A movie! We have many of the "You're Invited to Mary-Kate & Ashley's {insert fun party type here} Party" videos, but not all of them, and we also have some of the "The Adventures of Mary-Kate & Ashley" videos!  You know...."Olsen and Olsen Mystery Agency.....We'll solve any crime, by dinner time!" haha. And how in every video, they'd manage to drive across the globe in a matter of 15 minutes? Yeah, I still haven't figured that one out!  Abby and I even tried to pretend we were Mary-Kate and Ashley.......since we have the same first initials as them, we thought it was a great idea.  Plus, when we were younger, so many people thought we were twins because we looked so much alike.  I never saw it then, and I definitely don't see it now! haha. I don't think we look a thing alike!
 
Anyway, I like to watch movies while I'm cleaning, even if I do get somewhat sidetracked at times. Oh well.  The other day, I watched The Challenge (which IS a MK&A movie.  If it wasn't, this post would be so irrelevant).  That got me thinking about all of the MK&A movies and then I guess I finally just decided I should share some of my favorites!!
 
First, I wanted to share 2 movies from when they were young.  Not sure how this worked out, but they're both holiday related. 
 
The first is Double Double Toil and Trouble
Not gonna lie, this movie did scare me some when I was little, but there were always parts that I loved so it didn't matter!

Second, is To Grandmother's House We Go

 

Now, you see them growing up throughout the rest of these choices!
 
Passport to Paris
I can probably quote this entire movie start to finish.  It's pretty sad.
Perhaps this movie is the reason behind me choosing to take French over Spanish in school...because it made me want to go to Paris so badly!



Winning London
Another movie I can quote a lot....not quite as much as Passport to Paris, but I love this one a little more :)



ahhh, Holiday in the Sun
This movie. There's not much I can say about it, except how much I love it! Such a great movie!


 
As I watched each new movie as they came out, I always wanted all of their clothes!
 
In addition to all the videos and movies we have, I do have several of their books, and I may or may not have a MK&A game for my Gameboy Color. Don't hate.

No comments: