Monday, February 4, 2013

Step 1: Cutting back

What did everyone think of the Super Bowl last night?! Were you happy or sad with the way it ended? (I'll throw this in there...I was happy :) That was SUCH an intense game and it was fun to watch!!  From the Sandy Hook students singing, the half-time show, the power outage and the 49ers coming back, it was great!!! Oh, and the commercials! I loved seeing the Coca Cola commercial at the end to see who everyone voted to win---I love how it was interactive! Way cool! :)

It's nice to have fun, relaxing evenings like Super Bowl night to take our minds off of all the things going on in our lives.  I don't know about you, but it seems like ever since 2013 started, life got about a million times more hectic!  I'm sure that's highly due to the fact that there's a wedding coming up in just over 4 months, among a TON of other things I'm trying to keep up with.  Life's so crazy that I'm perfectly fine these days with just staying in and watching TV.  Plus, by 5 or 6 pm each night, I'm exhausted anyway and don't feel like doing anything! (Of course, on Tuesdays or Thursdays, I'm pumped about playing in volleyball games or watching them, that I'm too excited to be exhausted! ha!)


I've also been able to pick up more subbing jobs which I'm very excited about.  I was just subbing in New Kent and I only worked there a couple days (there are only 4 schools in the county so there weren't many options).  Now, I'm good to sub in Henrico and since there are PLENTY more schools, I have a lot more options, and it's great! Especially when these schools are so much closer.  While I'm still looking for a full-time job, of course, this gives me something to do besides sit around all day everyday, and I get to pocket a little more money that I would if I were just at home.

So, because so many more things have been added to the plate lately, I decided it was time to cut back on some things.  First, comes Instagram.  If you follow me on Instagram, you'd know that for the past 5 months I've been doing Photo A Day.  Whether I posted the picture ON the correct day or not, I made sure to finish! However, I DO still need to post the last three days of January.....oops.  Anyway, I got the list for February Photo A Day, and for some reason, come February 1, I decided I'm not doing it anymore.  That's one {small} thing each day that I won't have to worry about making sure I do.  Of course it's fun, but it's not something I NEED to do.

Sadly, my blog is the next thing I'm cutting back on.  Trust me, I love love love blogging, but this is just something I decided to do.  For the past few months, I have wanted to blog a lot and made sure that I had something to blog about every weekday, Monday thru Friday.  It was fun and I definitely enjoyed it, but then there were also those days where it would start to be late afternoon and I'd realize I STILL hadn't blogged for the day. {I usually like to do it first thing in the morning.}  Last Thursday, the exact thing happened.  I believe it was when Matt and I were at the volleyball games on Thursday when I suddenly remember that I hadn't blogged for the day and I would have to do it as soon as I got home {even if that would mean blogging after 11pm}.  So, I decided to tweak my blog calendar a bit and came up with a new routine for myself.  The new goal is to definitely have a new post every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  There may be occasional posts on Tuesdays, Thursdays or even the weekends if there is something important to blog about, such as a holiday, a birthday, etc. For example, around my usual MWF schedule next week, I already know there will be a post on Tuesday the 12th!

Okay, so, why the picture of coffee for today's post about cutting back? Well, I'm not cutting back on drinking coffee. Why? Because I just started drinking it, haha.  Two or three Sundays ago, I for some reason had to leave early for church and then ended up going to Wawa to get gas.  I had gotten very little sleep the night before, so I told myself, "I don't even care if it tastes awful....I need some coffee to get me through this day!!" I remember calling Matt once I was inside to ask him if he wanted anything for breakfast and he asked, "what are you getting?" There was a short pause before I answered, "....Coffee." He said, "really?" before I told him how tired I was.  So I bought Matt's breakfast and my coffee and I had no idea that I'd like what I bought. {I have tried Matt's coffee on many occasions over the years, but not unless I had another drink to get the disgusting taste out of my mouth after that initial tasting!}  Ever since, I've been back to Wawa for more {right now, any size cup is $1!}, drank coffee with Matt at one of our houses {something I told him he probably thought would never happen!}, and I've taken it with me in the mornings on my way to sub.  Then, this past Saturday, we had a birthday breakfast for Abby and I had to go to Food Lion before everyone came over so I could get more coffee..we usually always have coffee at the house because so few people drink it but we were almost out because of one person......Never did I ever think that would be me!

1 comment:

Melody said...

Love this... especially the coffee part. I have always said coffee made me a better student... then a wife... and now a Mom. I can't believe your wedding is only 4 months away. Crazy. Thanks for blogging. It is always so fun to read.