Monday, February 16, 2015

Valentine's Weekend Recap

I hope everyone had a fun Valentine's Weekend!! It feels like we celebrated all weekend, because there were so many great things!

Friday night, we headed to The Patron for dinner. (It's so hard to not call it El Patron, like in Farmville. But I'm pretty sure I still call this one El Patron anyway, oh well.)  It was a last minute decision, but I was glad Matt thought of it, since it was where we went for dinner last year on Valentine's Day.  We had a great dinner, but I really could've just eaten chips and salsa the whole time and have been perfectly fine!

Bright and early Saturday morning, we headed out to New Kent Winery to participate in the Race for the Chocolate 5K/10K.  Let me just tell you, it was COLD.  The wind made it the worst, but we made it through!! Once we started running, the wasn't as bad and we did warm up.  However, the last .2 miles, we running up hill and against the wind.  We could see the finish line, just couldn't get there fast enough!

I was really surprised and proud of us for how well we did.  Neither of us trained at ALL for this.  And by that, I mean that the most running I've done in the past month and a half was running 1 mile on two different days.  That's it.  We've been doing more strength training than cardio.  I signed us up with a predicted time of 70 minutes and we finished in 69!! The only times we stopped were about half a mile in, when I had to re-tie my shoes, and then again at 4.9 miles, for some quick stretching.  That's it.  Like I said, I'm definitely proud of us!


These were the post race snacks, along with water and a Monster energy drink.
There was also a (long) line where you could get wine, but neither of us cared about that, so after getting our food, we just headed towards the car instead!
 

They also handed out flowers at the end of the race, but didn't order enough.  Since we were unable to get one, Matt found one that had been dropped on the ground, but still looked great, so we kept that!  Matt made it look pretty in my glass:


A few hours (and a few sore muscles) later, we headed to Outback for dinner.  It was YUMMY!! We had their wonderful bread, a blooming onion, soup/salad and our dinner!  The wait really wasn't bad, seeing as that it was Valentine's Day.  They told us a 45 minute wait, which we were totally okay with, and 30 minutes later we were at our table (and luckily, a booth!!).  I could go on and on about how delicious everything was, but we also had a fantastic server, who definitely made it a great meal to enjoy!


I have to share one of the Valentine's gifts Matt gave me: earlier last week, Matt found the Disney version of Robin Hood on Netflix.  I told him, "you cannot start watching this now, because it's too late for us to both get sucked into watching it!!"  (Robin Hood is one of my favorite Disney movies :)  Well, Matt found the Robin Hood DVD, out of the vault for a limited time, or whatever it is, so of course he bought it!  We haven't watched it yet, but I'm thinking it'll be a good movie for one of these snow days coming up! ;)

And, can't forget the Valentine's gift Matt got for his favorite girl:


 "How do I get these treats?!"


Matt's first home brew was finally ready this weekend, so he was excited to try it!


Sunday morning, we had Valentine's donuts for breakfast, which Mom, Aunt Dot and Uncle Lee brought on Friday!


For lunch, we went out to eat again with Mom at Mexico.  When I asked her if she wanted to go there for lunch, she gave me the strangest look because I NEVER want to go to Mexico! Haha.  But, after having Patron on Friday, I was definitely crazy some more chips and salsa! ha.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend have a warm week coming up with all this snow! I'm *hoping* to be home at least a few more days with my Maple.  We can't wait for her to go out and play in the snow for the first time!  I'm definitely going to have to take some pictures!

No comments: