Friday, February 27, 2015

Nail Polish & Baking Soda

That title is really catchy, right?  Not to mention random.

My nail polish has almost always been stored in this green, round storage container, that came in a set of three containers that fit within each other.  No matter how stuff got moved around, I just always knew that in the middle sized green container was my nail polish.  Well, that worked for years.  Since we moved in to our house almost two years ago, my nail polish has stayed in our upstairs bathroom.  As I started getting new ones, those and the colors I use the most just stacked up in our medicine cabinet in the downstairs bathroom.  It got on my nerves SO much.  Finally, on Pinterest, I came across a way to store nail polish, and I immediately knew that's what I wanted to do.  If you're interested in a new way to store yours, check out this site.  (That link is to the pin on Pinterest, but it does take you directly to the website.) They have other ideas, too, but this was the best one in my opinion.


Also, I randomly came across this pin for cleaning your sink and drain out.  It's probably a very common method for cleaning your sink & drain, but I had never done it before, so I decided to try it out.  It's just sprinkling baking soda around and scrubbing it with a sponge.  The result: yeah, it worked.  It didn't work any better than what I had been doing, so I don't anticipate using this suggestion from Pinterest any more.  Oh well.  Not all Pinterest attempts are successful.


So, I think today's post deserves a "check and check" for my 2015 To-Do List.  One check for trying something new I found on Pinterest and one check for organizing anything. haha.

1 comment:

Lori Carey said...

Another great way to clean it, is to fill up both sides with hot water and add 1/4 cup of bleach. Let it sit until it cools and then let it out and wipe it down!