Thursday, November 15, 2012

Fall at Longwood.



I love this time of year, not because of the colder temperatures, but because of how pretty everything is outside!! Before the trees are completely dead for the winter, I love the pretty colors of the leaves changing! One thing I've really missed is not being at Longwood to see the big pretty tree on the corner at the Cunninghams.  (If you go to/went to Longwood, you know which one I'm talking about.)  This past weekend, I went to visit Matt for the last time while he's at Longwood.  Still not sure how all of these "lasts" have been happening! Craziness.  We specifically knew that we were going to set aside some time over the weekend to just walk around campus and look at all of the reds, oranges and yellows on the trees. Yay!

It was like I was at home again, and I loved it :)

It also helped that it was SO nice outside and the weather was fantastic!!!

There are just so many things I love and miss about Longwood (I could go on forever...) but being there this time of year is definitely something I'll always remember.  Maybe I miss it more because of the pretty tree at the Cunninghams that I walked past several times a day last year going in and out of my residence hall.

All of these pictures also remind me of the time I drove to visit Matt at Ferrum in October of '09.  I LOVVVED driving through the mountains and seeing all of the colors go on forever.  It was just like you'd see it in a movie!

Hope you enjoy a few many of my favorite pictures from this visit to Longwood!


I can't have enough pictures of these stairs ;)


At Longwood, there are a bunch of different art sculptures around campus. This is a new one I hadn't seen it.  Pretty cool! I love how colorful it is.

I've taken hundreds of pictures of Ruffner in the past 4 years, but this is one of my new favorites. Love. Love. Love!

And what did I learn after taking these pictures, uploading them, and posting them? Mallory...CLEAN YOUR LENS. NOW.

No comments: