Monday, April 22, 2013

Highland Springs Community Day

This past Saturday, there was a Community Day held at Highland Springs High School.  No, normally I
wouldn't go to something Highland Springs related since I was a Blue Devil and not a Springer! haha.  But, since Mom works in the library, I went up there for a bit.

Different departments, clubs, organizations, and outside businesses had tables set up around the track for people to come to with different activities.  There was even a rescue squad and firetruck to see, a bouncy house, a bake sale and concessions!  The JROTC had tug-of-war contests on the football field, which were pretty entertaining to watch! And there were a few sports clinics--I saw football and tennis--not sure if I missed any others!  Oh! And a great raffle to win a spirit wear pack!

The library collected books throughout the week and they had them all spread out on the table for people to take for free! {Yes, I grabbed a few for myself!}  The cheerleaders were painting nails--Mom and I both got ours painted, but when we were there, all they had were bright colors and glitter so it was pretty interesting! ha.  The Spanish Honor Society was making maracas and giving dance lessons, and there was much more to see and do. 



How cute is this little candy man from the bake sale??
 

My cousin, BJ, and one of the administrators, Ms. Cunningham cooking some food!
Looks like some nice grillin' smoke! lol
 
 

 I saw this book on the table, and yes, I only grabbed it to read because it's also a Disney Channel Original Movie!
I didn't even know it was also a book!


Here are my nails all painted up! haha.
 

Here's the school mascot, Hugo!  And Mom, of course!


No comments: