Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Spirited Art

Can someone PLEASE tell me how it is already April?! This year has already flown by!

A couple weeks ago, my friend Emily and I went to Spirited Art in Short Pump.  If you've never heard of this {or a similar place, Wine & Design}, you go to paint, and you can also buy some wine or food to eat while you paint!  They have classes you can sign up for, where there's an instructor showing the class step-by-step instructions on how to create a painting, and everyone is doing the same thing.  But, Emily and I signed up for an open session, where you can choose any painting to do, they put the original right beside you, and have some of their employees walking around to get you started and help you out!  I enjoyed this, because I think it was easier to go at your own pace, and I know there were several times where Emily and I would just sit back, look at our paintings, and figure out what we liked, what we wanted to change, or just to take a break! haha.

While it took a long time to get every last stroke of paint "perfect," the time FLEW by! We were there just over a couple of hours I think!

Throughout the evening, I took pictures of my canvas, not exactly "step-by-step," more like, just whenever I thought about it! haha.  {And don't even get me started on the smudge on my phone's camera....I've tried and tried to get it off!}




Here's the blank canvas:


Then, I had to use carbon paper to trace the main outlines of my painting onto my canvas:


Doesn't look like much quite yet:


Annnnnd, we have a building:


Finally, the finished painting!


All of my paint:


No comments: