Friday, October 11, 2013

Friday Randomness

To say that I'm SO glad it's Friday and I'm ready for the weekend would be a huge understatement!  This week has gone by SO. SLOW. Tuesday through Thursday, I woke up thinking it was Friday, and Thursday night, I went to bed thinking I'd wake up and it would be Saturday! Talk about a disappointment! haha.

This week has also been crazy hectic.  Which is why you've only seen one blog post this week before today's.  I had plans for different posts each day, but I've just been drained each day that I haven't been able to or felt like it some nights.

I do have lots of new pictures to share, and I'm hoping you'll see a lot of those next week!

For now, here's just a bulleted list of things we've been up to lately and random thoughts:
  • Last Saturday, we took a trip to Longwood for Oktoberfest!  We watched the Oktoberfest parade, walked around the booths, and saw some friends we went to school with!
  • On Sunday, we took a trip to the fair with my family! Even though it was about 90 degrees on October 6, we had a great time!
  • So many new things have started back this fall:
      • Dancing with the Stars!! Matt even watched it for a few weeks while Bill Nye was still performing. {The only other times Matt has watched DWTS were when Shawn Johnson was on there! haha}
      • I'm in the bell choir at church and we have practices every week again! We practice on Monday nights, but we typically have a quick conversation about DWTS before we practice and then head home to watch the next episode!
      • Volleyball! This is the third season we've been playing volleyball and I really enjoy it! I even asked myself this week how I convinced myself years ago that I just hated volleyball because it always hurt my arms.  While that may be true, it's so much fun!
  • We've slowly been decorating our house more: painting, hanging things up, etc.  It's still a long progress, of course, but we're getting there! 
  • Anyone else watch Glee last night? It was an amazing episode, because it was more than the characters losing a friend; it was the actors losing one of their friends/boyfriend. It was an emotional episode....and the ending REALLY got me!
And, just to wish you a happy weekend, here's a funny picture I came across online last week...it's too funny not to share!

No comments: