Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Photography Techniques

I love taking pictures, but I also love looking at pictures just as much.  Now that I am starting to have some  free time, there are many different photography techniques/tips that I'm hoping to work on more.

(if you click on any of the pictures below, they will take you to the link where the picture as from, and you will also be able to see more pics of its kind! :)

One thing is, I really want to work on taking pictures at night with lights showing up perfectly.  Well, maybe not perfect, but pretty well!  Nighttime pictures are some of my favorite to look at...I love black or dark backgrounds with bright colors that pop up!

I've also wanted to practice and take more Macro shots.  A week or two ago, I ordered a Macro lens filter set for my camera, and I haven't really used them yet!! I can't wait to though :)  The set includes a +1, +2, +4 and +10 macro effect, and they conveniently come in a nice carrying case!  If I could take a picture like this one day, I'd be in heaven!!

Now, of course you may know that in August I received a pretty, shiny, sparkly ring ;)  Even though it's been 6 months, I still haven't taken the time to take a picture of my ring, other than on my phone, really.  Hopefully, I'll get some time to play around with light like this picture shows, and get some really neat pictures :)

Finally, I want to work more with the shutter speed setting on my camera.  Honestly, I don't really ever use it.  I think I can count on one hand the amount of times I may have played with the shutter speed setting.  Again, if I could one day take pictures that I would come out like this, I'd start staying up later into the night ;)

Anyone have any other photography techniques they're working on or think I should look into, too?


No comments: