Monday, February 20, 2012

Valentine's Day :)

I know this post is LONG overdue, so here it is :

While we KNOW you should love / show love everyday, Matt and I still always do something for Valentine's Day. It's kind of funny, because so many people think that since we are at the same school, that we see each other ALL the time. Yeah, that's false! I wish we saw each other all the time. Really, the only time Matt and I are together, we're eating. haha. We eat dinner together every night, and lunch just about every day. But that's about it. Our schedules/meetings/duty are always conflicting. When we eat, we're usually at Dhall or getting fast food. Occasionally on the weekends we like to cook (I use "we" lightly, as Matt does most of it, and I simply try). So, it was nice for Valentine's Day to have a good meal, even if we did get to finally celebrate on February 16th.
On February 14th, I gave Matt his present. Partly because I have a hard time keeping secrets from him, and also because it was Valentine's Day of course! It was a bag of random stuff with cheesy--no, really cheesy--reasons why I included each thing :
 (Sorry some of these pictures are a bit blurry!!)




Then, a couple days later, we had dinner :)  When I got to Matt's, he had set their table up nicely (the best part to make me love it even more?? That red tablecloth is a Christmas tablecloth :)

chocolate rose :)
 He made steak with garlic (I just love garlic!), Pasta Roni Angel Hair with Herbs (my fave!), peas, and rolls!

And for dessert? Chocolate cake, icing and red sprinkles!!


After dinner, we watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.  His excitement when I told him that was the movie I brought confirmed that we're "mint" to be ;)

1 comment:

Nationalnolte03 said...

that dinner looks like it was prepared with a whole lot of love. i really enjoyed it and cant wait until next years