Friday, March 1, 2013

February Reflection

So, it's currently 11:39 on Friday, March 1, and I am DETERMINED to finish this post, make the graphic, AND get it all up before Saturday! I don't want to miss posting today!

This past month, I made some bittersweet changes:

1) I didn't participate in #fmsphotoaday on Instagram.  If you're unfamiliar with what this is, the account Fmsmumslim creates and posts a list of things/topics to take a picture for each day of the month.  You include the hashtag #fmsphotoaday so everyone else participating can also see your pictures.  Well, from September through January, I had successfully completed each day. {Yes, some days were late, but I got them all up!} For February, I just decided I was tired of worrying over what picture I was going to take and making sure I got it up, no matter how late.

2) I changed my blogging schedule.  I had been blogging everyday, and I loved it.  But, I also wasn't working at the time.  Well, back in December I was working, but I worked different hours each day so it gave me a variety of times to work on my blog posts {and most of the December posts were already done in advance, anyway}. For February, since I was able to start picking up more work {I'm subbing basically every day now, so it's great!}, I was more tired in the afternoons so I just wanted to sit down and rest, and then I have various activities several nights of the week.  I was really just tired. So, I decided for my goal to be to blog at least Monday, Wednesday and Friday of each week, with a couple extra posts thrown in whenever.  Did this work? Mostly.  Did I miss a couple days? Of course. haha. But I stopped worrying about making sure I had a post up everyday.

Now, doing Photo A Day and putting up a blog post are two of my favorite things to do, social media wise. But, by making both of these changes, you can probably tell so far that I stopped a lot of worrying about unnecessary things.  Sure, they're just small things in the grand scheme of everything going on, but hey, every little thing helps, right? {Yes, correct.}  I think I'm going to try to stick to this schedule more, since it seems to be working out well....for the most part!  I'm already starting to think of what Monday's post is going to be about....I have no idea quite yet, but I already have Wednesday's & Friday's planned out, so those shouldn't be late, right? Hopefully not!

I hope you all have a great weekend! There's a lot going on this weekend, so I'm looking forward to it! :)

No comments: