Monday, July 29, 2013

Our Wedding: The End of the Evening

After the cake had been cut, we danced our final dance that I was so excited about, walked through a tunnel of glow sticks and I threw glow sticks back at our guests as we drove off, we ended up back at The Berkeley Hotel.  What almost no one knew until we got our pictures back, is that Steven and Lily went back to the hotel with us for more pictures! We had been planning to do more pictures after the reception, back at the hotel.

However, Matt and I got there and waited for Steven and Lily in the lobby, and we made the mistake of each plopping down on a chair right in front of the desk.  I sat down, looked at Matt and said, "oh...my...gosh....I am sooo tired," to which, if Matt also wasn't as worn out as me, his sarcastic response would've been, "Hi [sooo tired].....I'm Matt." But, his response was that he was just as tired.  We did make it through pictures, but we did not take a couple of the pictures we had in mind, mainly because we were just exhausted!  And, the pictures we
did take, turned out to be some of my favorites from the evening!

As we stood in the street between The Berkeley and Tobacco Company, we had many many people walk by us or yell across the street, "CONGRATULATIONS!!"  Okay, based on where I said we were, most of them probably have no recollection of saying that or even seeing us, but that's a different story...    It was really funny, though, having so many people we don't even know and will probably never see again, congratulating us on our marriage.  And who knows, maybe they didn't even mean it...maybe that's just what automatically comes out of your mouth when you see a random couple--one in a big white dress, and the other in a tux.  I don't know, I've never been in that situation...

Anyway, hope you enjoy a few pictures from the end of such a wonderful day!


1 comment:

Lori Carey said...

I love the elevator ones!!!!!