Friday, July 19, 2013

Our Wedding: Reception - Food, Game, Toasts, Cake, Tosses and Last Dance

For our dinner at the wedding, we chose a caterer, who I personally think is the best!  We thought, "who better to cater our wedding than our favorite restaurant?"  So, we had Roma Italian Restaurant for dinner {and the appetizers during cocktail hour!}.  For dinner, we had Caesar Salad, Chicken Parmigiana, Baked Ziti, Mixed Vegetables and, my favorite, rolls!! Their rolls are my favorite!  {At cocktail hour, we had Mozzarella sticks and Bruschetta!}  For drink choices, we had water, tea, and pink lemonade!  I didn't get to eat that much, but what I had was delicious! 

The buffet line wrapped around and went in front of the head table, which at first, I wasn't excited about.  I didn't really want people constantly in front of me while I'm trying to eat, but by the time the reception was over, we were SO glad that's how it ended up working out!  We got to see EVERYONE come through the dinner line!  This helped a lot because we weren't able to make it around to all of the
dinner tables to see everyone, as we kept taking more pictures or having to do something else!  And, I'm not gonna lie, there were a couple who stopped in front of us and I said, "I'm really sorry, but I've gotta take a quick bite!!" haha.  To those of you who I said that to, thank you for letting me take the only four or five small bites I had that night! :)


When I told people we were having a newlywed game at the reception, I got some of the strangest looks.  However, I had been looking forward to playing The Shoe Game for the longest time!!  I got the idea from one of my favorite photographers, Rebekah Hoyt! I saw that at her wedding, she played the game and I thought, "how FUN!!"  I so wanted to do it, and we did!! 

If you're unfamiliar with the game, here's how it went!  We had a list of questions that our preacher read so everyone could hear.  Matt and I each had one of each of our shoes {one of his, one of mine}.  If we thought the answer to the question was Matt, we held up his shoe, and the same for me.  The catch....we were sitting back to back and had no idea what the other said!  Although, some of the answers were kind of obvious!! haha.  Some of the questions asked were:

Who will be doing the cooking?  (Matt)
Who said "I love you" first?  (Me)
Who is the first to say "I'm sorry?" (Me)
Who mentioned marriage first?  (Matt)

And the final question was, Right now, who do you love more than anything in the world?

Looking through the pictures, there are some hilarious reactions to which shoe we held up, and if we each held up a different shoe!! Since the wedding, I've heard that so many people thought it was hilarious, and that Matt and I know each other well---so that's good!


The bridesmaids' reactions in these next two pictures are MY FAVORITE!!!
Our answers seemed to be unexpected, so I really wish I knew which question this was!! haha


 I love that all the kids came up and sat around us watching!


Later on in the reception, my sister and Matt's brother, the Maid of Honor and Best Man, gave toasts, as well as my dad.


Then, time for cake! I was so excited about our cake, because from the outside, it was obvious what our wedding colors were. However, what people didn't know, and may or may not know yet, is that the inside also had our wedding colors!! The three flavors we had were Pink Champagne, Key Lime Pie, and an Orange flavor! The color that corresponded with the flavor was the ribbon that was wrapped around the tier.  Pink Champagne was our favorite of the three, so that's what we'll also be having on June 8, 2014!  Our cake was made by Laura of The Buttercream Bee, and it was so delicious!


I love this picture because it shows a detail that probably no one saw!
We had our cake knife and server engraved so that it said
Matt & Mallory
June 8, 2013


Yes, we did make a mess.  But after we made sure to get a good bite! :)

Next up, the garter and bouquet toss!


I have no idea why my mouth is so open in this picture..haha


To conclude today's post...something else I really looked forward to.
Matt and I wanted to share the last dance of the night, and, if you know us, you've noticed I haven't mentioned anything about a Michael Bublé song yet! ha. Well, here it is!

We danced today Save the Last Dance for Me before we left the Science Museum, and it was one of my favorite times of the evening!  We had our first dance, and then we had a lot of craziness with trying to eat, trying to see people, etc., but at the end, we got to come back together and dance!  It was nice, too, because it wasn't a slow song, it was more of a fun song! It was a great few minutes :)


And, we ended with a great dip! :)



Save the Last Dance for Me by Michael Bublé


More Reception pictures to come on Monday!
Happy Friday :)

No comments: