Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Our Wedding: Our DJ

About two weeks ago, I did posts sharing all of the music we used for our ceremony and reception. {If you missed them, you can find those posts here, here and here :) }  But, none of our music would've been possible without one person...our DJ of course!

There was never any question about who would be our DJ; it was kind of just a known fact of who we wanted and hoped would do our wedding.  And, just to be on the safe side, we asked him in November 2011 if he would! haha.

Our families have basically known Barry Martin forever.  His son, Caleb, and I played on the same t-ball team when we were younger, Barry and my dad played in the same Bluegrass/Gospel band, Barry DJ'd mine and Matt's after prom parties, and so much more.  But, some of my favorite times that Barry was involved in our childhoods, was when
he was the Master of Ceremonies for mine and Matt's elementary school talent shows!!

Aside from the specific songs we wanted for our ceremony, dances, etc., all of the music Barry played was so perfect and so exactly what we wanted!!  I had given him a list of song suggestions, but then I reached a point where I said something along the lines of, "Basically anything Michael Bublé will do." haha.  Again, without sounding too repetitive or cliché, all of the song selections he played were perfect!

We had told him prior to the wedding, that we just really didn't want The Chicken Dance played at all, and, if you know Barry, you know how much fun he had telling us that he'd play it! haha.  And, at the end of the evening, as everyone was lining up for our exit, Matt and I were pretty much the last people inside, and I started to hear a small clip from The Chicken Dance! Needless to say, I wasn't mad at all, and got a good laugh out of it, too! :)

Thank you, Barry, for all of the wonderful music you played throughout the evening, for us and our guests to enjoy!!!

I do realize the picture above is not a picture of Barry.  I went through and could not find any pictures of him, but there is reason behind the picture I chose.  This was basically his view of the ceremony, as this was where his table was set up to run sound :)

No comments: