Friday, September 27, 2013

Food For Friday: Cherry Coke Chicken

When I was home during the summer, I was always looking for new crock pot recipes to try.  They're easy to prepare and good to eat.

I found this barbeque chicken was a great discovery, from Pinterest of course.  At first, I was very hesitant about it, but then I remembered I've had something similar to it!

My absolute FAVORITE meal from Cinebistro is their ribs in a Cherry Coke BBQ sauce.  This chicken didn't taste the same {because how awesome would that have been??}, but it was definitely worth trying, and I'll for sure make it again sometime!

Here's the recipe that I found online, but I ended up halving it for the two of us.  However, I did add in more than half a can of Cherry Coke, because I really wanted it to be flavorful, haha.


Ingredients:
  • 4 chicken breasts
  • 1 container of BBQ sauce
  • 1 can of Cherry Coke
  • 1/2 cup of brown sugar



Directions:

1. Pour the BBQ sauce, Cherry Coke and brown sugar into the crock pot and mix well.
"four chicken breasts in the crock pot with a whole container of BBQ sauce, a half can of cherry coke, and a 1/2 cup of brown sugar. I place it in the crock pot on low for about 5 hours."



2. Put the chicken breasts in, and make sure to cover the chicken completely in the sauce.


3.  Cook on low for 5 hours.


And here's our finished meal! The chicken was delicious!! However, I think next time I'll take it out around 4 1/2 hours or so, so it's a little more tender!


Enjoy! And Happy Weekend!!

No comments: