Monday, September 30, 2013

Fall Favorites

For some reason, I have been looking forward to fall a lot this year!  I think it started around the time I made our wreath, and then Matt said we needed to start decorating for fall, and then his favorite, Halloween!

Ever since, I've been looking forward to all things Fall related!  Plus, I'm just really excited to have all of our own space to decorate! {I know he's dreading the day the Christmas decorations all come out, though. haha!}

To start of the week, and since we're officially a week into Fall, I thought I would share some of my favorite things about Fall!

Football: I love going to football games!  In addition, it always feels good to be back at Varina watching a game.  It's a fun, familiar atmosphere, and you just can't beat Joe Cannon announcing the game! 


Pumpkin Spice Lattes: It was kind of ironic when Matt & I had our first PSLs of the season: we bought them on our way out of Target, and we were wearing shorts and flipflops...it just didn't make sense.
We bought these two on the way home from his family reunion, and it was a much better situation: it was chilly {not completely cold, yet}, and I was DEAD. TIRED.  Thankfully, we passed this Tracel Center that had a Starbucks inside!


Mums: I like the way mums look and how perfectly their colors say "fall."  We bought these six Mum plants at Lowe's a few weeks ago, when they were on sale for $1.00 a piece. We also bought a pot so I could plant them as soon as we got home.  Since then, I've loved watching them open up and bloom, and add some color to our back deck.


We also have this huge purple mum that my dad brought us, and added color to our front porch, too!


 (Ignore the pathetic little orange flower that's finally blooming again...haha)

And, of course, our wreath again ;)


Fall/Halloween movies: There will be more on this topic later, but I just couldn't wait to share the picture of this DVD I bought at Target last week.  Tower of Terror is one of the greatest movies ever, and I rarely find that it's on TV! Growing up, we had recorded it on VHS, but you would always have to fast forwarded to our recorded version of Escape to Witch Mountain {the one with Erik von Detten!} to get to Tower of Terror! No more of that now!


Fall-colored nail polish: For some reason lately, I've been wearing more and more nail polish.  I recently bought two bottles that I thought were appropriate for Fall, so here's what I've been wearing:


Essie: Smokin' Hot, and Sally Hansen Lustre Shine in Lava. Love them both so much!!
I'm definitely going to end up buying the rest of the Lustre Shine nail polishes at some point, because they're so pretty!

No comments: