Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Our Summer/Wedding Wreath

When it has come to making our house more of our "home," we had really been focusing on the inside the most.  But, about halfway through the summer, we started working on the outside, too, and have lots planned for future projects :)

We really needed some color on the front of our house, and I knew I wanted to make a wreath.  We had already bought a new colorful rug to put at the front door {which happens to be in our wedding colors....total coincidence, I promise}, so I started brainstorming what I could do for the wreath.

I knew I didn't want anything too overwhelming right now, but I wanted it to be colorful and definitely "us."

I ended up using all leftover decorations from the wedding & our gifts, and all I had to buy was the wreath, which of course I got on sale at
Michael's with a 40% off coupon.  I always use a coupon in Michael's!

I had bought wooden letters to spell Nolte, and planned on using them at our reception, but I made a last minute decision and changed an idea.  I still had the wooden letters and wanted to use them for something, so I found some white paint and made them perfect for our wreath!



I still have a huge bag of leftover ribbon that hasn't even been used yet, but this ribbon was indeed used at our wedding....can anyone recognize where it's from??


Alright, alright, here you go:


We received a few gifts with this cute Mr. & Mrs. tag on it, so I thought 'why not throw that on there, too?'


And the one material I had to buy, the wreath itself.





1.  I wove the ribbons around the wreath, one color at a time, and used a hot glue gun to secure the ends down.  I only glued down the ends, so that I could still move the ribbons around a little bit, until they were in the perfect spot.  It was also very tricky to make sure that the ribbons were attached to a sturdy piece of the grape vine wreath, and wouldn't pull a small piece and mess the whole thing up.




2.  I took the letters and figured out the best position that I liked them in.  I didn't want it to be a symmetrical wreath, so I decided to have the letters going down the left side.


3.  Then, I tied on the Mr. & Mrs. tag and it was ready to hang up!


1 comment:

Melody said...

So I realize I read your posts everyday and never comment:
1) Your wedding looked incredible. You could be a wedding planner.
2) I am so impressed that you get a blog posted everyday. Teach me your ways.
3) Your wreath is gorgeous. I would love to see pictures of your house.